Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheer Imbecility
Sheer Imbecility
Just stumbled upon this:

These quotes are taken directly from Christian Fundamentalist forums, which, in a 21st century society where we have used zircon crystals to accurately date the Earth; accumulated many millions of transitional fossils, which have aided us to map the tree of evolution in incredible detail; and we have used the Hubble Telescope to observe a protogalaxy approximately 13.2billion lightyears away, these creationist claims are absolutely ridiculous, nigh on unbelievable.
We seem to be living in a world where the less you know, the bigger and more fantastical your claims are permitted to be, and frankly it's just got to stop.
RE: Sheer Imbecility
I'm reasonably sure these guys are atheists and this is a joke video meant with every intent to be sarcastic.

just sayin.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(June 7, 2012 at 9:35 am)Cinjin Wrote: I'm reasonably sure these guys are atheists and this is a joke video meant with every intent to be sarcastic.

just sayin.

^

This is obviously satire.
In Pan's defence, satire or not, it's still really unfortunate that there indeed are people, who are not being satirical and are this way.. Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(June 7, 2012 at 10:07 am)Kayenneh Wrote: In Pan's defence, satire or not, it's still really unfortunate that there indeed are people, who are not being satirical and are this way.. Tongue

Oh yes it's still funny.
Did you guys see that at the very end they claim that these were all quotes taken from fundamentalist websites?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I've read some of these before. http://www.fstdt.com collects this type of insanity and archives them on a monthly basis. fstdt also links to the original. The site also has sections for conspiracy and racial absurdities as well.

fstdt = fundies say the darndest things
Yes, the video are just actors reading genuine quotes from creationist forums.
(June 7, 2012 at 9:35 am)Cinjin Wrote: I'm reasonably sure these guys are atheists and this is a joke video meant with every intent to be sarcastic.

just sayin.

Cin, the actors and people who filmed it are atheists, but the comments themselves have all been made by genuine creationists.
(June 7, 2012 at 8:18 am)Panglossian Wrote: We seem to be living in a world where the less you know, the bigger and more fantastical your claims are permitted to be, and frankly it's just got to stop.

It's always been that way. Like how those who deny evolution tend know absolutely nothing about it.
The less you know, the more absurd things you can believe.

The cure is education, but how do you educate those who quite simply, don't want to know?
Undecided
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.