Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RCC says making a woman a priest is as sinful as abusing a child.
RCC says making a woman a priest is as sinful as abusing a child.
*sarcasm on* I'm glad to see the RCC has it's priorities straight. *sarcasm off, now for a painful groan. Ugh!*

Quote: "Making a woman a priest is as sinful as abusing a child, the Roman Catholic Church declared yesterday.
New religious rules published by the Vatican set both sins at the same level of gravity and recommended the same punishment for guilty priests."

Also it sounds like the measures (mentioned in the article) they are taking to curb child abuse is equivalent to pissing on a fire. A lot of fancy words perhaps but no real substance. What do all of you think?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1yoQ9DzTL

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1ym7ZNwR0
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: RCC says making a woman a priest is as sinful as abusing a child.
(June 25, 2012 at 9:46 am)Ziploc Surprise Wrote: *sarcasm on* I'm glad to see the RCC has it's priorities straight. *sarcasm off, now for a painful groan. Ugh!*

Quote: "Making a woman a priest is as sinful as abusing a child, the Roman Catholic Church declared yesterday.
New religious rules published by the Vatican set both sins at the same level of gravity and recommended the same punishment for guilty priests."

Also it sounds like the measures (mentioned in the article) they are taking to curb child abuse is equivalent to pissing on a fire. A lot of fancy words perhaps but no real substance. What do all of you think?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1yoQ9DzTL

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1ym7ZNwR0

So? It's their religion let them do what they want. If you don't like it move on to a different one.
(June 25, 2012 at 10:20 am)Drich Wrote: So? It's their religion let them do what they want. If you don't like it move on to a different one.

You're walking down the street and you see a man savagely beating his wife.

So? It's their marriage, let them do what they want. If you don't like it, just keep walking.

See the problem here?
Hateful people. Thankfully, the law doesn't see it this way.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
Quote:Quote: "Making a woman a priest is as sinful as abusing a child, the Roman Catholic Church declared yesterday.

Given their conduct that means there should be women priests all over the place.
(June 25, 2012 at 11:36 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Quote: "Making a woman a priest is as sinful as abusing a child, the Roman Catholic Church declared yesterday.

Given their conduct that means there should be women priests all over the place.

Spit Coffee You've been making me do this a lot lately Min. Omg.

Quote: "So? It's their religion let them do what they want. If you don't like it move on to a different one."
Is this a joke? Someone please tell me this is a joke.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Incredible that anyone is the RCC would use THAT analogy! But what can you expect from a bunch of people that protect child molesters?
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(June 25, 2012 at 11:00 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote:
(June 25, 2012 at 10:20 am)Drich Wrote: So? It's their religion let them do what they want. If you don't like it move on to a different one.

So? It's their marriage, let them do what they want. If you don't like it, just keep walking.

See the problem here?
Not really. In your example, the man is committing a crime. The RCC are just being dicks. Last time I checked, it wasn't a crime to be a dick.
(June 25, 2012 at 11:00 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote:

See the problem here?
No i do not.
1)Christianity is not confined to the doctrines of the R/C church. Nor are any of the R/C doctrine considered illegal.
-on the other hand-
2) You described a woman who is supposed to be bound to that man for life.
3)You also described that same man committing a crime against his wife.

Do you see the problem with your analogy?

That said, if your only problem with R/C church is how it excludes women from certain titles with in it's organization, you need to reevaluate your priorities.
If your only problem with christianity is not understanding why some people would see it for the total bullshit it is, reevaluating your priority won't help. You are too far gone and the only thing you should look forward to is dying and liberating all the stuff that you are made of so other life forms in the future can make better use of them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 151 January 28, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Here's What Happened to the RCC.... ronedee 41 3954 October 31, 2021 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Adulterous woman Fake Messiah 77 5877 June 25, 2021 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2522 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3336 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Damned STUPID Priest yesterday . . . drfuzzy 102 7120 December 6, 2018 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Go Texas, Houston and the RCC Investigation Fireball 2 345 November 29, 2018 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Fireball
  The Irish Are Making Up For Lost Time Minimalist 5 559 October 28, 2018 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Chile abuse priest Fernando Karadima removed by Vatican zebo-the-fat 2 882 September 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3548 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU