Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Results of Ghost Hunt
Results of Ghost Hunt
I've also toured it in the day, there are no speakers and the voices were not audible prior to playback, I'm pretty sure someone would have heard that shit, especially the laughter one, since it's incredibly loud.

As for removing the titles, it's a great idea but I'll leave them this time. I plan on doing more of this in the future because I find it somewhat fascinating.
RE: Results of Ghost Hunt
(July 10, 2012 at 12:33 am)Mosrhun Wrote: Okay, I know we're all healthy skeptics here, myself included but here it goes. I've always been interested in EVPs, although I don't believe in ghosts. An EVP could easily be faked however by someone just whispering into the recorder or during post processing so I never bought into them 100%. I had the opportunity this last weekend to participate in a 4 hour long overnight "ghost hunt" in the Old Jail of St. Augustine FL. This is said to be one of the most haunted buildings in the US. Needless to say, I got no "activity" all night and was calling massive bullshit but I did have a digital recorder going the entire time. When I got back to the hotel room I began to listen through my audio and to my surprise I had 2 very clear disembodied voices recorded. You can make out exactly what is being said and I know the context, since I was there. I have uploaded them to Sound Cloud, both the original clips and the Enhanced/Isolated clips. Like I said before, I don't believe in ghosts but I can't explain these voices. They were not heard at all prior. If you have any questions or comments I'd love to hear them.

Click the titles of the clips to be taken to a page with the descriptions. I uploaded the enhanced versions later, so they'll appear on top. I recommend listening to the originals first.

http://soundcloud.com/evan-sims

(On a side not I haven't been around much because I don't work over the summer and I'm spending my time away from the computer mostly. I'll be back in a month or so more regularly.)

St. Augustine's Old Jail? Ha, he he, ho ho, ehm (finished pissing myself and am just clearing my throat).

I grew up in Orange Park, FL. When I was 13 (at the time I had brothers 12 and 10) we begged to go to the Old Jail. They must have made some money because the facade didn't have the coral color brick on the building that surrounded it. The only reason we went is because we claimed that it could not possbily be as lame as the Ripley's Believe It Or Not joint (keep in mind that we only lived 40 miles away). It was an excuse to stay in air conditioning.

To be fair, there is some history...look up Flagler and you'll get it. You would have had better luck finding ghosts at the Castillo de San Marcos. If your audio is correct, it is nothing more than the echoed voices of tourists thirty years ago telling you to go have a nice lunch before hitting the surf on Anastasia Island.
Sounded like gibberish to me.

I love when they pull that shit on Ghost Hunters. It sounds like nothing and then one of them says " it said 'go fuck yourself' ( or whatever ) and then the power of suggestion takes over.
Results of Ghost Hunt
No offense Min, but at your age doesn't everything sound like gibberish? Wink
(July 10, 2012 at 7:02 am)Mosrhun Wrote: No offense Min, but at your age doesn't everything sound like gibberish? Wink

Yep pretty much. Enjoy your youth then young Mosh!!

Ummm Why are we wondering about ghosts??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
It sounds like gibberish to me. I think you are hearing something that isn't actually there. Tongue
Cunt
(July 10, 2012 at 7:02 am)Mosrhun Wrote: No offense Min, but at your age doesn't everything sound like gibberish? Wink

Yep. Particularly republicunt campaign ads.
Really would of been a better test if you hadn't named each recording after what you heard so we could decide for ourselves but yeah, sounds like random noise to me.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I heard the voices, but I'm still not convinced that ghosts exist. I am open to believing that, but I need more evidence to be sure.

Results of Ghost Hunt
(July 10, 2012 at 1:01 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: Really would of been a better test if you hadn't named each recording after what you heard so we could decide for ourselves but yeah, sounds like random noise to me.

Next time I won't. I plan to do a lot more of this in the future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ghost stories Fake Messiah 13 850 October 27, 2023 at 8:10 am
Last Post: emjay
  Spooky Ghost! LadyForCamus 14 1778 October 26, 2017 at 5:10 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Can someone tell me why some ghost stories are "true"? ScienceAf 9 1921 August 20, 2016 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Wife beater blames... ghost? Ryft 15 5290 January 25, 2012 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Why we think rituals can influence results downbeatplumb 8 2711 September 18, 2011 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Ghost Hunting Darwinian 12 4224 March 2, 2011 at 10:49 am
Last Post: BlackUnicorn