Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guild Wars 2
Guild Wars 2
Am I the only one here playing it? Big Grin

If there's anyone else, what's your thoughts so far?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: Guild Wars 2
[Image: 1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif]
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

LOL

...and no, I'm not playing it and you can't make me.
No no, no haters here. Leave me and my tumbleweed alone if you aren't interested in the game Big Grin

(September 4, 2012 at 6:25 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: No no, no haters here. Leave me and my tumbleweed alone if you aren't interested in the game Big Grin

You know, I might actually like the damn game, but the last thing I need to down right now is get dragged into another MMO time sink. Big Grin
Green all the way!

No, I don't play it. I'm always interested in what others have to say of it though.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
If it was on Mac I'd be playing it.
“Music is the only religion that delivers the goods.”-Frank Zappa
(September 4, 2012 at 8:43 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: No, I don't play it. I'm always interested in what others have to say of it though.

Right. I like it, there's grinding as usual, but in GW2 stuff just happens around you and suddenly you're on a quest with 20 other people, guarding a fort and there's lot's of glorious mayhem. Your own personal quests (happens in an instance) are hard and a good challenge, but out in the terrain you can count on someone helping you out. I like the mechanics of the game too, everything flows smoothly, there's enough skills to go by, but not too many. There's a new thing called traits, which gives you certain passive advantages. You can also customize your character's look quite a lot. The scenery is amazing and it's encouraged to jump and climb around collecting Vista points. I could go on and on, but that's the gist of it. The only problems I've encountered is a few bugs and that there aren't enough quests (currently I'm a lvl 21, who just cleared a lvl 24 area), so leveling is a bit hard, though not impossible.

Sounds.... like Rift. My favorite thing to do in that game? Climb mountains on my 2-headed turtle with a wagging tail.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I considered buying Guild Wars 2 for a while. . . but I'm busy modding Skyrim, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Dragon Age 2, and DA;O. Also, playing Dark Souls and the entire Mass Effect series back to back to back. Also, work and college. I don't have time to grind up a ton of levels to get competitive. (And I suck at rpgs anyway, which is odd, considering how many I play. Big Grin)
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Wars Battlefront Napoléon 26 4026 January 7, 2016 at 10:23 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Star Wars: The Old Republic Napoléon 13 2388 September 2, 2015 at 6:23 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Consoles Wars are stupid Collegetalktv 10 1985 January 3, 2014 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  SWTOR Guild Neo-Scholastic 10 3263 June 8, 2012 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Star Wars: The Old Republic Light of Truth 0 967 December 14, 2010 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Light of Truth