Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Adult Seeking Stimulating Theism Debates and Conversation
Hola. I'm an Irish Mexican currently residing in the southern United States with my wife. I grew up in Houston, Texas and was raised Baptist. Upon reading the Bible for the first time at the age of seven I was captivated by the idea of religion. I have since read the Bible countless times, the Bhagavad Ghita, the Qu'ran, the Kuballah, many Buddhist texts, studied obscure religions and denominations (I.e. the Church of Euthanasia, Pastafarianism, etc.)...finally deciding to reject them all. I am now an atheist, and likely will be forever. Other random info you might find interesting, I studied English and Psychology at Texas Tech University, am a veteran of the United States Army (MOS 89D), and currently work as a machinist while writing in my spare time. I have moderated on several forums before, most of which were simple V Bulletins but several were power boards and whatnot. My favorite hobby is cooking but I write graffiti, play video games, watch movies, and dance. I am very into counter culture and have experimented extensively with substances ranging from cannabis to dimethyltriptamine, 2C-I to cocaine. Raving is the best. Anyway, I'm sure the majority of you have better things to do than read about my boring interests. If you have any questions you may ask and have them answered. Have a great day. Smile
RE: Young Adult Seeking Stimulating Theism Debates and Conversation
Quote:I'm an Irish Mexican

Wow, you got dealt a shitty hand. A ginger drunken illegal living in Texas, nice. Wink

I kid, welcome to the forums, I hope you find what you're looking for. Debate-wise, there are a few theists who are willing. You'll find them soon enough..
Welcome to the forums. Hope to see you around!

Big Grin

Howdy!
Cunt
Quote: Debate-wise, there are a few theists who are willing. You'll find them soon enough..

Most of them sling the same old line of crap, though.

Hello.
Howdy-do! Another Texan? You all are taking over!
(September 26, 2012 at 6:18 pm)5thHorseman Wrote:
Quote:I'm an Irish Mexican

Wow, you got dealt a shitty hand. A ginger drunken illegal living in Texas, nice. Wink

I just pictured Charles Kennedy wearing a sombrero.
The sheer amount of sun burn he gets must make him look like hes got radiation poisoning.

(September 26, 2012 at 6:13 pm)Marshmallow Wrote: I am very into counter culture and have experimented extensively with substances ranging from cannabis to dimethyltriptamine, 2C-I to cocaine.

2C-I? Shit son, are you a character out of Breaking Bad or something?
Anyway, welcome. We don't really buy into Christmas here but when the date for it arrives we try to make sure we capture the spirit of it here on Atheist Forums...
By making everyone queue up to go inside in a grotto where I sit in a drunken stupor dressed like an aged pimp. They're made to sit on my knee while I touch them in inappropriate places and ask them what they wish for. After they've poured their heart out to me I'll say "well, you never know" then kick them out to make room for the next person.
Not going to lie, it will scar and disillusion you.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Thanks all, I appreciate it. And yes, since Austin has become a haven to liberals and other college types around the country, there will likely be many more stopping by.
Irish mexican http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssZFyMMdTXY Actually Bernardo O'Higgins is a sort of hero of mine, and as a brit I am composed of countless mixtures. welcome.
(September 26, 2012 at 6:13 pm)Marshmallow Wrote: Hola. I'm an Irish Mexican currently residing in the southern United States with my wife. I grew up in Houston, Texas and was raised Baptist. Upon reading the Bible for the first time at the age of seven I was captivated by the idea of religion. I have since read the Bible countless times, the Bhagavad Ghita, the Qu'ran, the Kuballah, many Buddhist texts, studied obscure religions and denominations (I.e. the Church of Euthanasia, Pastafarianism, etc.)...finally deciding to reject them all. I am now an atheist, and likely will be forever. Other random info you might find interesting, I studied English and Psychology at Texas Tech University, am a veteran of the United States Army (MOS 89D), and currently work as a machinist while writing in my spare time. I have moderated on several forums before, most of which were simple V Bulletins but several were power boards and whatnot. My favorite hobby is cooking but I write graffiti, play video games, watch movies, and dance. I am very into counter culture and have experimented extensively with substances ranging from cannabis to dimethyltriptamine, 2C-I to cocaine. Raving is the best. Anyway, I'm sure the majority of you have better things to do than read about my boring interests. If you have any questions you may ask and have them answered. Have a great day. Smile

So how does an Irish Mexican work? You go to Noter Dame college football games and then mow the field afterwords? Ok, bitch slap me for my silly stereotypes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  want a deeper conversation about atheism yogamaster 11 3505 March 29, 2019 at 12:36 am
Last Post: fredd bear
  Hypocritical Theism Leads to Atheism Ambiguous Atheist 16 4854 November 15, 2016 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Joods
  Left religion seeking superior secular spirituality NathanHawks 0 1010 January 12, 2015 at 6:32 am
Last Post: NathanHawks
  converting back unto theism - yes it's true. TruthWorthy 101 33283 March 26, 2010 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: fr0d0