Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dishonored
Dishonored
Anyone played the game Dishonored yet? IT'S FUCKING AMAZNG.

I've finished it twice now, going rampage with lots of money and nonleathal.
My next try will be stealth/leathal or stealth/nonleathal.

The play style and atmosphere is incredible. I actually took a day of work the second day I had it to play it to the max Tongue
RE: Dishonored
I have no time to play games anymore. Dishonored does look amazing though, like bioshock before it.
My kids are looking forward to the next gen consoles with my middle son already saving for the next Xbox, just coz he loves halo so much.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I am absolutely dying to get my hands on this game, but it looks like I will have to wait until Christmas to get it.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
What shall we do with the drunken whaler~
I ain't buying any Bethesda products until they release me my DLC for Skyrim on the PS3. The cunts.
It's actually the fault of the PS3's incredibly overblown, overly complicated architecture. Not the first time a DLC for multiple systems has had to have been delayed because of it...though it is the first time it has had to be delayed so long.

Besides, only one losing when you don't buy Dishonored is you, Napo. They probably don't care about $60 not entering their pockets right now but holy shit the game is fucking epic and you're missing out.

*going through on a High-Chaos kill-everything playthrough* 8D
(November 12, 2012 at 11:30 pm)Creed of Heresy Wrote: It's actually the fault of the PS3's incredibly overblown, overly complicated architecture. Not the first time a DLC for multiple systems has had to have been delayed because of it...though it is the first time it has had to be delayed so long.

Hmm, how can I respond to this while getting across the appropriate amount of emotion and poignancy, and still expressing my sheer outrage that you would make such a mis-informed point?

How about: BULL-FUCKING-SHIT.

First off, blaming the ps3 is a complete cop out for shit programming. Bethesda as a company should realise that there are 'limitations' (if you want to even call them that) to the ps3 system, and seen as they are creating a multi-platform game they should design the game AND its dlc with this in mind. Simply going straight to xbox and programming the dlc for that system then realising they've fucked up and can't program the game the same way on ps3, is not a reasonable way to run a games company IMO. Not only is it incredibly short sighted from a company which has plenty of experience, it's also flagrantly disrespectful to ps3 users and takes them completely for granted.

Make no mistake, the fact that they didn't have the foresight to realise they'd have RAM issues, is not the ps3's fault, it's most certainly Bethesda's. The fact that they seem to have now sorted the issue and are 'close' to releasing dlc on ps3 just backs this point up. They could have simply took more time and programmed the game well on BOTH systems, which is the sole responsibility of Bethesda, not Sony. Instead they decided to give the finger to ps3 users and concentrate completely on xbox. This is poor business practice.

Second, name me one game that's had dlc delayed due to the precise issue that Bethesda have had which is down to sheer bumfuckery on behalf of the company. Because I haven't seen this with any other multi-platform game. In fact I'm skeptical it's even possible that any other multi-plat game has the same issue, considering Skyrim is probably the only game capable of maxing out the amount of RAM a ps3 has to allocate.

Third, I'm not losing anything. If anything I'm gaining my £40 that I'd probably otherwise waste on another game that I don't really need. Considering I'd much rather buy Skyrim dlc anyway, I'm actually saving money. Boycotting the company is just a principle that happily saves me a few quid.

*edit* And sorry for the thread hijack Sad
(November 9, 2012 at 3:36 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I am absolutely dying to get my hands on this game, but it looks like I will have to wait until Christmas to get it.

What you on about? You don't have to buy it. It's downloadable and cracked on the net mate.

(November 11, 2012 at 10:46 am)Napoléon Wrote: I ain't buying any Bethesda products until they release me my DLC for Skyrim on the PS3. The cunts.

Read the above.
(November 13, 2012 at 7:01 pm)Fryslân Wrote:
(November 11, 2012 at 10:46 am)Napoléon Wrote: I ain't buying any Bethesda products until they release me my DLC for Skyrim on the PS3. The cunts.

Read the above.

My pc wouldn't be able to run dishonored cracked or not, so what good does it do to me if you can pirate it on the net again?
(November 13, 2012 at 7:01 pm)Fryslân Wrote: What you on about? You don't have to buy it. It's downloadable and cracked on the net mate.

Ahh for free, how very ... Dutch ...
"Jesus is like an unpaid babysitter "
R. Gervais

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dishonored Autumnlicious 8 2138 September 28, 2013 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious