Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exodus International shuts right the hell down.
Exodus International shuts right the hell down.
So, this is kind of nice: notorious gay conversion ministry Exodus International will be voluntarily shutting down. There was even an apology.

Isn't this pleasant? Proper, actual christian love? Even if it came years too late, isn't it nice to see some growth from a fundamentalist sect?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
RE: Exodus International shuts right the hell down.
Wow!!!!!!!

HUGE kudos to them!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
I am certainly glad they shut down, because places like that always end up doing more harm to people than good.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
You know, as much as I despise the bullshit these people have peddled, I commend them for the strength it took to publicly admit they were wrong, especially something they held such deep convictions towards.
Absolutely; much as we tend to rag on the pig headed, unreasonable religious folks, it's important to show some respect for decisions like this, which had to take some real courage and introspection to undertake. This kind of behavior needs to be encouraged.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Can you imagine the denunciations which will be piled on them from pulpits across the bible belt?
Next we'll be hearing about cats joining forces with dogs and Nazis rethinking their position viz the Jews.
"No man can stand in the Shadow so long that he cannot find the Light again".
So, pretty much they've realized their bullshit is bullshit.

[Image: exodus+advert.jpg]
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
If only the rest of the jesus freak shitwits would reach that level of comprehension.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christianity down, secularism up! Jehanne 37 3018 May 8, 2019 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Exodus 21 Bahana 69 6367 November 9, 2018 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep vorlon13 5 982 April 29, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Here's Why The US is Going Right Down The Shitter Minimalist 18 5016 August 2, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Mt. Soledad cross ordered to be taken down c172 350 92589 March 26, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  rewriting the bible part 2 - exodus dyresand 68 14357 March 21, 2016 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Aractus
  For those who want proof of the exodus Drich 868 133135 February 11, 2016 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Drich
Thumbs Down Bible says convert or kill the nonbelievers too. Thumbs down for Christianity... IanHulett 68 18186 January 5, 2016 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Drich
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 6960 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Exodus, Gods and Kings. Jacob(smooth) 34 8709 July 5, 2015 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist