Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most boring and worthless thing you ever did.
The most boring and worthless thing you ever did.
I had to take some english exams at nightschool this week and passed them with an A+ (we call it "sehr gut").

Unfortunatly to take the exam, I had to read a novel by Walter Scott: "Waverley"

Walter Scott was a clerc posh boy, who spread political messages disguised as poetry and literature. As such his novels are romantisized, very long, filled with peoples winning by doing the right "virtous" things in a 18th century Scottish conservative society, and failing by doing what is "unvirtous" in a conservative society.

With that in mind, it becomes clear what the novel is all about:

Predictable characters, doing predictable things, in a predictable way in romantisized predictable alternative version of Scottish society.

Reading this crap was like taking the train from Vienna to Budapest.

The landscape never changes.

The weather never changes.

And when you arrive, Budapest looks just like Vienna.

Only much more ugly.

And you realise what a waste of time this journey was.
RE: The most boring and worthless thing you ever did.
Port-a-potty guard duty in the ass end of nowhere. 12 on 12 off......6 weeks of that.....I don't know why they would trust a person with an assault rifle come the 4th week......

Thankfully the futility of the duty washes over you by week 5, and you sleep through both your on duty and off duty time. Week 6 you're the happiest motherfucker alive.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I once read "The Shining"
The most worthless thing I did was allow my hormones as a pre teen and teen chase after a girl who never had any interest in me. The most boring thing I did was coddle my brother's superstition by going to a "megga church" with him listing to all the bullshit wanting to scream.
looking in this thread.
Censored
(June 25, 2013 at 2:23 pm)LeoVonFrost Wrote: looking in this thread.

I think "bored" is a state of your own thinking. It merely means you are in a situation that you don't find stimulating.

I am an internet and news junky, I find reading atheist debates and keeping up on the world very stimulating. People stupidly project what stimulates them on others "I do it, so there for if you don't you are a boring person".

Being in the woods would bore the shit out of me. I think nature is pretty, but I don't like walking up hills or being chilled by cold or sweat from heat. I get enough socializing at work. When I was younger I would go out more, but now, I have figured out anything I want to do is cheaper at home and keeps me out of trouble.

I am very stimulated by reading the thoughts of other atheists and even the absurd arguments from theists.

Basically people get their rocks off doing all sorts of different things.

I get bored in situations where I get stuck listing to long winded superficial crap. Like at work when I hear co workers talk about reality shows or their favorite brand of lipstick. SHUT THE FUCK UP!

However, even most recently I found myself criticizing Neil Degrees Tyson when he said "the universe called me" adapting the same language Christians do as a "calling". It made my dick itch. DUDE I love you Neil, but skip the woo and simply say "it was too appealing to me to resist studying the universe". He simply got stuck on it, like people get stuck on other things. Fortunately he got stuck on the right thing in science.

Point being, we all get our rocks off on something and when we are outside that we stupidly call other people boring.
(June 25, 2013 at 2:23 pm)LeoVonFrost Wrote: looking in this thread.

omg bro ur so edgy
DMV. Social security office. Necessary things to do, completely too long of a waiting period to get them done. I want those hours of my life back.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big squarish dick-thing in Dune? Gawdzilla Sama 26 1280 January 10, 2024 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What Cult Classic did you love before it became a Cult Classic. vulcanlogician 34 1813 January 2, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  I did a thing. Sal 22 1181 May 6, 2021 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Sal
  The Most Awful Books Ever The Architect Of Fate 18 1336 June 19, 2020 at 3:45 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  I've Done Every Thing For You........ Brian37 15 1286 July 6, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Have you ever had, and a poem about it. Brian37 0 545 June 6, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The most inspirational movies that left an indelible impression on you! KittyAnn 82 9831 November 28, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: KittyAnn
  Dr Finn and Yaphit did the nasty . . . vorlon13 0 538 November 11, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Has anyone ever told you, the Dead Can Dance? Arkilogue 11 1903 October 3, 2016 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Novels: what have you read recently, how did it affect you and do you recommend it? Whateverist 16 3519 July 14, 2016 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic