Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Creationist arguments thread
Creationist arguments thread
This thread is about the most idiotic creationist arguments and claims you've heard and want to share.
RE: Creationist arguments thread
The logical fallacy of improbability is a popular one. It has many variants, such as this one:

"Atheists say that humans were created by random chance evolution. Can you imagine a hurricane blowing through a warehouse of parts and assembling a complete, working Boeing 747 airplane? No, it is so improbable it never happens, and yet this is exactly what they think happened with everything on Earth!"

Hilariously wrong in so many ways Tongue
Here's the worst I can think of:

"I can prove God created the world because he did and it says so in the bible and you suck and you're going to hell you dirty heathen blasphemer!"
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
(August 25, 2008 at 7:15 pm)Jason Jarred Wrote: "I can prove God created the world because he did and it says so in the bible and you suck and you're going to hell you dirty heathen blasphemer!"
My God! I've been blind all these years! Yahweh! Jesus! I believe!!!!
Well if you want to talk over the top.... Ray Comfort's Assertion that the banana is the Atheist's worst nightmare must rank up there.......

Quote:Ray Comfort demonstrates the Argument From Improbability

A classic example of the argument from improbability: Ray Comfort's infamous, Banana: The Atheist's Nightmare video clip. He also mixes this idea with the Argument From Design. It's so unlikely something so "perfect" was arbitrarily created, it somehow "proves" that it was "intelligently designed."

The ultimate irony of the Way of the Master video is that the banana Ray Comfort is holding was created by man. Naturally occurring bananas don't really look like that.
They talked about that on the Atheist Experience... if the banana is proof of God, then is the coconut proof of the devil?
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
My favourite claim i've heard so far was from a creationist who studied geology with my at university for a while. We started off having a conversation when i asked him why on earth he chose to study geology when he was a creationist (his answer by the way was "so i can dig up all the earth's resources and make shitloads of money" - intelligent guy!).
But apparently, according to him, "Satan planted the fossils".
I was told this 2 years ago, i am still laughing.
Wow guys, those are really good creationist arguments.

I think my favorite is when a creationist accuses Scientists of being evil and then try to use science to prove God.
Just look around at the wonders of nature, the waterfalls, the animals, the delicte little flowers. It all shouts out that there was a creator.

We won't go into why the creator also made the malaria parasite, wasps that paralyse their prey so that their larvae can eat them alive, viruses, harmful bacteria, tsunamis and earthquakes.

That's probably Satan's work, or because of The Fall.
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
"Evolution is just a theory."

It makes me want to scream. Mostly because you know that if someone is using this as an argument, they are beyond logic. You just can't get through.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are the best arguments against Christian Science? FlatAssembler 8 455 September 17, 2023 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Creationist Equivocation Objectivist 28 2916 December 24, 2022 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
Bug The Voyage That Shook The World (2009) - Creationist BS masquerading as science Duty 7 656 September 8, 2020 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Arguments Against Thomistic philosophy FireFromHeaven 155 24552 January 28, 2018 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Favorite arguments against Christianity? newthoughts 0 683 December 6, 2016 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: newthoughts
  The Creationist that Ken Ham calls "stupid" drfuzzy 3 1753 May 7, 2016 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Scientism & Philosophical Arguments SteveII 91 18095 December 18, 2015 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
Question Why make stupid unsustainable arguments? Aractus 221 40005 December 14, 2015 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Joods
  A Creationist answered 10 questions . . . drfuzzy 26 7688 December 11, 2015 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  search Science Related topics Dinosaur Creationist: The Flintstones was a zebo-the-fat 24 4531 May 28, 2015 at 9:23 am
Last Post: dyresand