Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God Can't Afford His Own Work-RANT!
God Can't Afford His Own Work-RANT!
I'm actually kind of bummed-out by what two of my former christian "brothers" are up to. These two guys are on fb asking for $40,000 to take a trip to Africa. They want to go there to "encourage pastors" who's flocks are scattering; (and dying of AIDS because the church tells them condoms displease god).
So far these two guys have swindled over $30,000 from gullible christians, and all to build their own spiritual resumes. They are not going there for any truly humanitarian reason; just to look cool to other pious theists. I'm honestly distraught by this senseless waste of resources.
So why doesn't the all-powerful god they worship have the cash for this? And before any christians answer with the obvious... "god is providing the money through his people", let me just say; that some of the donors are already financially challenged, and many are looking for a "blessing" in return for their contribution. Just makes me sick. Facepalm
RE: God Can't Afford His Own Work-RANT!
Isn't it weird how god can't just make money magically appear?

Or you know, fix some of these "problems" himself so that nobody needs to raise $40,000.
Quote:So far these two guys have swindled over $30,000 from gullible christians

A fool and his money are soon parted.
I'm telling you there's money in the selling bits of the Jesus cross business.
(August 15, 2013 at 1:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:So far these two guys have swindled over $30,000 from gullible christians

A fool and his money are soon parted.

In cases like this, it's more like "a fool and your money are soon partners".
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote:Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man, living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of your life. And he has a list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any, any, of these ten things, he has a special place full of fire and smoke and ash and torture where he will send you to suffere and burn and scream and cry forever and ever until the end of time!

...but he loves you.

He loves yoy and he needs money!

-George Carlin

ROFLOL
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cult leader encouraging his followers to starve to death. Rev. Rye 2 452 April 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1304 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Missionary work, proselytizing Figbash 6 1079 July 30, 2021 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 1819 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return DoubtingHerFaith 107 14842 January 15, 2019 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 876 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1474 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2119 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Money raising through child work Der/die AtheistIn 12 3307 December 11, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 30709 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy