Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
What's everyone up to right now?
RE: What's everyone up to right now?
I have spent much of today working on Pixel Art because it's one of those days where they keep overloading the app with bonus pictures to finish. Good thing there's this pandemic going on, because I have nothing else to do but binge-watch Blackadder for the first time in years, keep coughing, and wait to see what important news Mayor Lightfoot has to give for the people of Chicago at 5. Technically, I'm in Skokie, but given that it's a suburb, I'm no doubt going to be affected by the news, which is possibly an announcement of a lock-down.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(March 18, 2020 at 1:07 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: Welp, Biden won all three primaries today.

of course he did. So now all he needs is a ticket with an average age below 80 and you"re good to go
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Getting a bit distracted from my Blackadder binge by news that Three Arrows has  decided to make videos that were formerly patreon-exclusive available to everyone because pandemic.

They're basically commentary videos of some of his old videos, and, as a bonus, we actually see his face.

It's nice to see his actual face, I spent most of my time working on the assumption that he looked like a younger version of this:

[Image: henry-kissinger-speaking-to-senate.jpg]

To be fair, this may have been because of the very Kissinger-sounding accent, but even then, Daniel said in an early Q&A that he was from the Black Forest. And since Kissinger's old hometown was Fürth, which is about the same distance from the Black Forest as Toledo is from Chicago, I suspect there might be some subtleties that an Anglophone will likely miss.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Playing videogames with my girlfriend hoping the lockdown will be over soon. I'm afraid it's only gonna get worse before it gets better though
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Working on a jigsaw puzzle I gave up on over a year ago.  Made some progress but it's now apparent that at least two pieces are missing that I had hoped would appear during the time it was on ice.  

I thought it would be good to direct my general frustration with all the misinformation thrown at me to finishing that damn puzzle.   Arrgghh

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Currently in Dorkland preparing to attend a training session for dealing with outbreaks and epidemics.

Not an epidemiologist but I have experience from my time in Sierra Leone.

I KNEW that would come back and bite me in the arse!
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 22, 2020 at 4:51 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Currently in Dorkland preparing to attend a training session for dealing with outbreaks and epidemics.

Lucky old time in Sierra Leone...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 22, 2020 at 4:32 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Working on a jigsaw puzzle I gave up on over a year ago.  Made some progress but it's now apparent that at least two pieces are missing that I had hoped would appear during the time it was on ice.  

I thought it would be good to direct my general frustration with all the misinformation thrown at me to finishing that damn puzzle.   Arrgghh

Never had the patience for those.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 22, 2020 at 4:51 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Currently in Dorkland preparing to attend a training session for dealing with outbreaks and epidemics.

Just occurred to me - near Devonport by any chance?

Boru
(March 22, 2020 at 5:00 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Just occurred to me - near Davenport by any chance?

Boru

Not today.

Central Dorkland
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How You're "Feeling" Right Now (img mode) Foxaèr 9 1224 May 19, 2021 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Fireball