Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC the atheist tapes
BBC the atheist tapes
- 1 Colin McGinn

- 2 Steven Weinberg

- 3 Daniel Dennett

- 4 Arthur Miller

- 5 Richard Dawkins

- 6 Denys Turner

Enjoy! Smile
RE: BBC the atheist tapes
Oh great - there goes another 3 hours.

Nice one.
(September 20, 2013 at 6:52 am)max-greece Wrote: Oh great - there goes another 3 hours.

Nice one.

Keep running, little sloth!

If these are what I remember, I didn't find them that impressive.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I'd love to sit and watch them but don't have the time.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(September 20, 2013 at 12:26 pm)apophenia Wrote:

I saw these as well and tend to agree with you. Then again, I'm impressed as hell that something like this was even on TV. The Brits are so much more adult about such things. I can't imagine this show or something like it airing on one of my local affiliates here in the Bible Belt.
(September 20, 2013 at 1:06 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(September 20, 2013 at 12:26 pm)apophenia Wrote:

I saw these as well and tend to agree with you. Then again, I'm impressed as hell that something like this was even on TV. The Brits are so much more adult about such things. I can't imagine this show or something like it airing on one of my local affiliates here in the Bible Belt.

And that is why I posted them.

Also, when I posted, I'd only seen the first two... after going through them all, I have to agree with apo...
Weinberg's point I think is most interesting, and should be noted by theists who believe that science is 'out to get' theism/religion per se.

Scientists don't care about religion, or god. My fiancé is a microbiologist, and she cares not a jot about religious objections and theological critiques of society and/or social cultures.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Three Cheetahs Vs Ostrich | Life | BBC Earth WinterHold 10 934 October 4, 2021 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Piracy: Responding to BBC Aractus 25 2715 September 23, 2015 at 2:41 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Aheists complain of lack of representation on the BBC downbeatplumb 5 923 July 3, 2013 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  BBC Horizon - The Secret You Justtristo 3 1819 June 13, 2012 at 8:06 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Smile I was on BBC "Have Your Say" as a panelist! Anymouse 4 1444 August 3, 2011 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Anymouse
  Wow! BBC asks for my opinion! Floored and flummoxed! Anymouse 5 2230 July 26, 2011 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
Sad BBC BIBLE BASHING Napoléon 54 12108 April 27, 2011 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Skipper