Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kudos
RE: Kudos
Based on the all time top ten, it helps to be on the staff. 2/8 aren't or haven't been, Rhythm and Minimalist. We might not get paid, kudos is all the sustenance we need Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(October 17, 2013 at 2:06 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(October 17, 2013 at 4:12 am)max-greece Wrote: The only trouble is I never get kudos for the posts I think I will - the ones that I actually put time and effort into. Invariably I get kudos for posts I just rattle off without a second thought.

Not just me, then. Sometimes I'll put so much effort into a post, painfully drafting and redrafting every word to be as perfect as I can make it, only to find that someone's quoted me, stuck a picture of a cat on it and sucked up all me kudos.

Even worse than that is that some minor error slips through the checking and then everyone jumps all over that and forgets the rest of the post that took 2 days to put together.
(October 17, 2013 at 2:04 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I've figured out that the fastest way to climb that ladder would be to systematically track down and assassinate everyone above me on it. Trouble is, though there's nothing specifically in the rules against that, I suspect that it might be a banning offense, or at the very least earn me a verbal warning.

Pro-tip: Most of them are staff. Get them all at once, and you're untouchable.
One thing I've wondered is why under your profile it lists your kudos ratio not as in how many kudos you get compared to the number of posts you make, but it's the number of kudos compared to the number of posts you receive with kudos. For example, I've made over 3300 posts, but when you click on my profile it shows

Quote:Received kudos 3008 times in 1491 posts. (Ratio: 2.02)

So if someone makes a bunch of crap posts, and then makes one good posts which receives 10 kudos, it would show a ratio of 10.00. I think a slightly better judge would be to compare the number of kudos vs. total number of posts, though the number would probably always be less than 1.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Quote:FYI:

All kudos ever given, most recent first: http://atheistforums.org/kudos.php

33,000+ pages?

Eeek.

I bet its a trip down memory lane, though.
aw cummon!

Kaye! You just gave Min another kudo for that?!

Well, I just joined area 69. I'm hoping to get my kudo score growin'.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Something will be growing...
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Someone on this forum has a kudos ratio of 2.93 ...

[Image: cm-31633-050a5e040521bb.jpeg]
God Buggerer ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many pages of "Kudos" do you have? Foxaèr 31 1360 December 17, 2020 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Have "likes" and "kudos" polarized our society? CapnAwesome 35 4286 January 4, 2018 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Let's play a kudos game called "the creationist 15" ErGingerbreadMandude 5 876 October 12, 2017 at 6:33 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Kudos Excited Penguin 81 5756 July 17, 2016 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  The Official Kudos Page Count Foxaèr 137 12030 April 21, 2016 at 10:07 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Anti-Kudos Game Edwardo Piet 100 7135 April 19, 2016 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What does Kudos mean to you? Edwardo Piet 61 8536 January 14, 2016 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Kudos mobility!!! Exian 8 1833 June 1, 2015 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Your first post &/or first kudos Fidel_Castronaut 80 11655 March 17, 2015 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Nope
  Craven ploy to run up your post and kudos counts vorlon13 50 8156 September 22, 2014 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie