Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Tell me more about _______?
Tell me more about _______?

For this thread, share a fact, or three, that people don't already know about you.

1. I grew up in a household that kept Dachshunds for pets. I belong to a club which gets together once or twice a month to let the owners' dogs run around and play with each other in a dog training center. It's one of my favorite activities, even though I don't have a dog myself.

2. I belong to 20 or so social clubs / special interest groups, focused on atheism, humanism, skepticism, philosophy, foreign cuisine and cultures, and non-fiction books. Much of my time is spent in these groups, discussing books or ideas, often with an atheist, secular, or science theme.

3. My favorite animals are meerkats, manatees, and sloths.

4. My favorite books are Neurophilosophy by Patricia Churchland and The Tao Te Ching. In fiction, I gravitate toward SciFi and fantasy, though I read almost no fiction these days, and haven't read more than a few works of fiction since my twenties.

5. I'm 50 years old this year, and I am no longer afraid to say it. (Well, maybe just a little. *shiver*)

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: Tell me more about _______?
1. My hair was red as a child, it finally blackened when I was about six or seven

2. I never had a hair cut until I was 13 and had to have brain surgery needless to say I'm to threatening that neurosurgeon. My hair was very was very it came down to my ankles, I miss it.

3. i'm addicted to toffee
Ok, sounds fun...

1. I'm a 22 year old female

2. I love animals, and work with animals everyday.Horses, dogs, cats, goats,cows...
3. Thinking My avatar is random and I think umbreon is cute, but I also like ninetales and went with the theme for my signature Tongue
[Image: 347]
1. I'm afraid of heights. I don't panic or anything when I'm up high (yes, ladders can be very scary!), but my legs just turn to jelly and buckle under me if I stare down e.g. a balcony.
2. I haven't been crafty before, but after a year of idleness due to depression, I suddenly got a inspiration boost, and now I crochet, make jewellery etc.
3. People (especially at work) think I am kind to a fault, gullible and easily taken advantage of. What they don't know is that I have for years perfected to maintain my temper and I don't get riled up easily, so when my co-workers think they can safely slack around me, I report them to my boss.
4. I'm naturally blonde.
5. My middle name is Kristina, after my paternal grandma.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

1. I've been independent since I was 17, so when I see adults who still live with their parents rent-free and still scrounging off them for food and money it really really pisses me off.... However, I let my 24 year old (25 next month) sister live with me rent free and I buy her food all the time. This makes no fucking sense.

2. When I was 11 I sang at the Royal Albert Hall as part of the Camden Music Festival.

3. I love Miley Cyrus.

4. I own more books than I will probably ever read.

5. I have a serious chocolate addiction.
When I was little, my front door neighbor's kids were named Wendy and Denny. "Mom! May I go to Wendy's and Denny's?!" It was fun.

I remember things with great detail. It's scary. Scents, colors, clothing, exact words, surroundings, noises in the background... random memories that must mean something, but I have no clue why.

I tend to crush on my best friends.

I am extremely forgiving. Extremely.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(December 28, 2013 at 5:48 pm)Ivy Wrote: I remember things with great detail. It's scary. Scents, colors, clothing, exact words, surroundings, noises in the background... random memories that must mean something, but I have no clue why.

I have a theory that sharper and deeper memory is one of the cornerstones of my intellectual abilities. You remember more of what you read, more of what was discussed, more of what you've experienced, you recall things better, easier, and with greater clarity. It's a synergistic effect because it improves your brain's processing of tasks and ideas at so many levels. I half wonder if the bulk of my intellectual advantages might be due to this synergistic effect alone. I'm not skilled at social relationships, but you seem a master of them. I suspect both your memory and social skills are signs of quite high intelligence.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
It makes me happy when the list of kudos under my post has color diversity. Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
1. I daydream a lot when I'm in the shower.

2. I have anosmia (an inability to perceive odors).

3. I used to do magic tricks as a hobby.

4. My favorite Sci Fi episode is The Twilight Zone.

5. My favorite color is green.
I don't fucking know.

I don't know the difference between what I remember, and that which my memory is mimicked by. If it seems mundane, I think it's probably real... if it's terrifying... well, I hope it's a nightmare. But some of them cannot be false, unless those very few things I utterly certain of... are, well... not. And I need those, so even if they ARE wrong? They're not. They can't be, for my sake.

I don't know what people know about me, I'm so caught up in what part of me I've shown to various persons, trying to remember which... person... showed those persons what, and WHEN: it's an absolute fucking nightmare of self-reflection and can't even remember whether I'm remembering it or if I'm inventing it because I'm looking for something that is not there. But... something had to be there... right?

I don't know who I am. Sometimes, there are thoughts so unbelievably alien to me, that I just don't know what to do with them. Those rare times when I'm aroused by the thought of 'sticking it in em'... those incredibly rare times when I absolutely revel in the thought of killing... someone... the random violent reactions, the unpredictable pains in places I have absolutely no reconciliation for: these wreck me, a person who would normally claim to know and understand every portion of herself, to accept it. I am not even sure that I'm... just the one. It's not actually a seamless transition for me, and though it hurt like hell and I am, for the most part, more operable than ever: sometimes I wonder if my own advice actually worked for myself. I wonder if it can.

I don't know why I'm here. Sure, I can explain to myself that I'm here because I don't want to hurt anyone in my parting... but come on, do I really believe that? I have more reason than most to get out of here, I don't particularly enjoy my daily life, I'm not the kind of person who typically throws in with long-term investments, hell: there was a time I didn't even HAVE a future... and yet I'm still here. I wanted to try that freedom, I tried it, and although I initially liked it... the thrill has long worn off. I don't actually particularly care about any of these people... so just what is stopping me? Could it be... my very not knowing is the only reason I'm still here? Could the truth really be so bad that I can't see it?

I don't know why I have ptsd. I don't know that it IS ptsd, regardless of symptom similarity. I don't know that I've pulled out of my DID, though I'm sure it's not as bad as once. I don't know why my ribs are fractured. I don't know that my ribs ARE fractured. I don't know why hearing hearts makes me fret for mine. I don't know why talking about hearts makes me so uncomfortable in the heart area. I don't know why I fear aggression so much, though I have a pretty good guess. I don't know why the fuck I don't know... and what's more? I don't know why I care so much. I have the opportunity to build a new life at any point, because I don't remember jack shit... Ashton, who I've been with for 2 years? My mother and father? Myself? All of that could be gone inside a month. And I don't know why.

I don't think that most of yall know that Violet Lilly Blossom really doesn't.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Tell me YOUR weather is this screwed up. onlinebiker 5 619 April 15, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  You can tell it' s REALLY cold out when - onlinebiker 13 1289 January 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  (Yet Another) Tell Us About You Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2580 September 12, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Lucanus
Heart Tell us your ethnicity with food pics *Deidre* 138 20253 May 19, 2018 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Tell us your age with a picture Foxaèr 74 9149 May 14, 2018 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I will tell you a secret Foxaèr 16 2747 May 2, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves speedyj1992 194 31975 December 2, 2017 at 5:32 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Tell Me About Your Teeth BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1731 November 28, 2017 at 2:43 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How to tell it's morning... Gawdzilla Sama 22 3823 September 22, 2017 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Joods
  I'm in a food rut, tell me what ya got. brewer 37 3267 March 23, 2017 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet