Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you want your funeral?
I think there should be a thread making limit per day because I'm not going to stop making threads.

I want to be pushed out into sea with a large amount of flammable fuels and set on fire with a flaming arrow.

How about you?
RE: How do you want your funeral?
I'd probably just have my body cremated, I don't really care what they do with the ashes. I don't think I'd even have a marker or anything.

I'd want a nice big gathering with my friends and family to celebrate my life, courtesy of my estate.
(August 26, 2008 at 7:55 pm)Meatball Wrote: I'd probably just have my body cremated, I don't really care what they do with the ashes. I don't think I'd even have a marker or anything.+

My mother wants to be scattered then have half a bottle of brandy put in the jar then my brother drinks the other half.

Typical, my family are alcoholics even after death.
I want my funeral to have Buddhist overtones, and *definitely* no Christian derived rituals. I don't want God's prayer over my dead corpse, I don't want a priest. This might be difficult considering my family is Catholic, but I think it's far healthier for people to accept that I'm dead and gone than to cling to the false belief of an afterlife.
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
(August 26, 2008 at 8:29 pm)Jason Jarred Wrote: I want my funeral to have Buddhist overtones, and *definitely* no Christian derived rituals. I don't want God's prayer over my dead corpse, I don't want a priest. This might be difficult considering my family is Catholic, but I think it's far healthier for people to accept that I'm dead and gone than to cling to the false belief of an afterlife.

i feel the same way. It's better than to deal with it than live in a fantasy.
I figure, i'm leaving what is to be done with me after i'm dead to the people i leave behind. I mean, i'm dead after all so who cares what is done with me? The only people that care are those still alive.
I would donate my organs though. Why let them go to waste?
I need to set up myself as an organ donor, but afterwards I want to be cremated and my ashes scattered in the ocean. Life is meant to have arisen from the oceans, so it'll be a kind of circle Big Grin
Organ donation?

Nice, so technically you'd live for years and years. Well at least parts of you.
I'd like to be buried in a farmer's field so I can become recycled into maiwe of canola. I'd need to find out from the municipality about the legality of being buried outside of a cemetary, and also find a farmer who wouldn't mind driving his tractor over my bones!
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
(August 27, 2008 at 4:17 am)StewartP Wrote: I'd like to be buried in a farmer's field so I can become recycled into maiwe of canola. I'd need to find out from the municipality about the legality of being buried outside of a cemetary, and also find a farmer who wouldn't mind driving his tractor over my bones!

Actually if you want to docompose you'd be better off getting left on the surface rather than buried.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which do you want to go? Foxaèr 13 727 October 18, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do people just naturally want conflict Ahriman 113 3520 September 26, 2023 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Funeral or reveal party? c172 57 7290 August 14, 2023 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why does everyone want to advertise in their signature? Foxaèr 2 329 September 14, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Already want to change my name again Foxaèr 14 727 July 12, 2020 at 1:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Wink Want to read about my mom?? Clueless Morgan 2 640 April 5, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Are you the monster you want to be? Angrboda 48 2402 January 13, 2019 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  I want a nanny! ignoramus 2 411 November 14, 2018 at 7:33 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  For those who understand the law better than me (would you want it this way too?) Foxaèr 9 1150 July 27, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Would you want to go to Westworld? Alexmahone 11 968 May 18, 2018 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Little lunch