Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Hitler was an Atheist?
So Hitler was an Atheist?
Just found this

http://www.nobeliefs.com/nazis.htm

A
EE WA EE WA, WIGGY WIGGY WIGGY, PLUNGA A PLUNGA A
RE: So Hitler was an Atheist?
I think it's one of those things thats debated. Atheists will say he was a christian, while christians will say he was an atheist.
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
Well, if it is printed on the web it has to be true. I guess it is settled then.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
Hitler was about as religious as they come.

This is just the Mein Kampf - Not even his speaches:

1. Adolf Hitler: Acting According to God's Will
I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 2
2. Adolf Hitler: Thanking God
Even today I am not ashamed to say that, overpowered by stormy enthusiasm, I fell down on my knees and thanked Heaven from an overflowing heart for granting me the good fortune of being permitted to live at this time.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 5
3. Adolf Hitler: Deutschland Über Alles
I had so often sung 'Deutschland über Alles' and shouted 'Heil' at the top of my lungs, that it seemed to me almost a belated act of grace to be allowed to stand as a witness in the divine court of the eternal judge and proclaim the sincerity of this conviction.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 5
4. Adolf Hitler: God's Grace Smiles
Once again the songs of the fatherland roared to the heavens along the endless marching columns, and for the last time the Lord's grace smiled on His ungrateful children.

- Adolf Hitler reflecting on World War I, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1, Chapter 7
5. Adolf Hitler: Fulfilling God's Mission
What we have to fight for is the necessary security for the existence and increase of our race and people, the subsistence of its children and the maintenance of our racial stock unmixed, the freedom and independence of the Fatherland; so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the Creator.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 8
6. Adolf Hitler: Fate of God
But if out of smugness, or even cowardice, this battle is not fought to its end, then take a look at the peoples five hundred years from now. I think you will find but few images of God, unless you want to profane the Almighty.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 10
7. Adolf Hitler: Sin Against the Will of God
In short, the results of miscegenation are always the following: (a) The level of the superior race becomes lowered; (b) physical and mental degeneration sets in, thus leading slowly but steadily towards a progressive drying up of the vital sap. The act which brings about such a development is a sin against the will of the Eternal Creator. And as a sin this act will be avenged.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 11
8. Adolf Hitler: Sacrilege Against God
Anyone who dares to lay hands on the highest image of the Lord commits sacrilege against the benevolent creator of this miracle and contributes to the expulsion from paradise.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf Vol. 2 Chapter 1
9. Adolf Hitler: Confidence in God
Thus inwardly armed with confidence in God and the unshakable stupidity of the voting citizenry, the politicians can begin the fight for the 'remaking' of the Reich as they call it.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf Vol. 2 Chapter 1
10. Adolf Hitler: Gold has Replaced God
It may be that today gold has become the exclusive ruler of life, but the time will come when man will again bow down before a higher god.

Hitler on God and Morality
1. Adolf Hitler: Faith is the Only Basis for Morality
This human world of ours would be inconceivable without the practical existence of a religious belief. The great masses of a nation are not composed of philosophers. For the masses of the people, especially faith is absolutely the only basis of a moral outlook on life. The various substitutes that have been offered have not shown any results that might warrant us in thinking that they might usefully replace the existing denominations. ...There may be a few hundreds of thousands of superior men who can live wisely and intelligently without depending on the general standards that prevail in everyday life, but the millions of others cannot do so.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 10

Hitler professing catholicism
2. Adolf Hitler: I am a Catholic
I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so.

- Adolf Hitler, to General Gerhard Engel, 1941

Hitler against secular shcools

Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith ...we need believing people.

- Adolf Hitler, April 26, 1933, speech made during negotiations leading to the Nazi-Vatican Concordant

Hitler against Atheists

We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.

- Adolf Hitler, Speech in Berlin, October 24, 1933

I could post over 200 more quotes... None of which contain any praise for Darwin or Natural selection.
Well, if it is printed on the web it has to be true. I guess it is settled then. Too bad the Catholics were Nazis.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
HA!

*cough*bullshit*cough*
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
(December 27, 2009 at 8:30 pm)LEDO Wrote: Well, if it is printed on the web it has to be true. I guess it is settled then. Too bad the Catholics were Nazis.

It's not the fact that it's written on the web, it's the fact that its' riddled throughout Mein Kampf and almost every public speech he ever made, not to mention the Nazi's burning free though halls and dismantling secular societies and schools.
To quickly cut to the chase of "he did this and that", I have dredged up one of my older posts exactly on this topic. Complete with the banter back and forth.

REF: http://atheistforums.org/thread-2231-page-6.html

(November 21, 2009 at 10:06 pm)Synackaon Wrote:
(November 21, 2009 at 6:07 pm)unus_supra Wrote: Just to clarify,

In Mein Kampf, hitler first put over the idea of the final solution and supported it
with the Darwins Theory of Evolution and the concept of survival of the fittest
as a prime justification for the supremacy of the Aryan race.

NO. No. No. You are FUCKING wrong. And here is why, using examples to show if that Hitler used Creationist arguments and religious justification instead of complete science, with the occasional convenient misunderstanding or reinterpretation of fragments of science to justify policies.

normdoering.blogspot.com Wrote:In Mein Kampf, Hitler writes that Aryans are the "highest image of the Lord," put here specifically to rule over the "subhuman" races:
Quote: "Human culture and civilization on this continent are inseparably bound up with the presence of the Aryan. If he dies out or declines, the dark veils of an age without culture will again descend on this globe. The undermining of the existence of human culture by the destruction of its bearer seems in the eyes of a folkish philosophy the most execrable crime. Anyone who dares to lay hands on the highest image of the Lord commits sacrilege against the benevolent Creator of this miracle and contributes to the expulsion from paradise."
Actions which aid the "subhumans" at the expense of the Aryan master race, Hitler declared, were an offense against God. So, rather than basing his racism on any evolutionary theory, Hitler based it squarely on his view of white Aryans as the favored people of God.

Quote:"We are a people of different faiths, but we are one. Which faith conquers the other is not the question; rather, the question is whether Christianity stands or falls.... We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity... in fact our movement is Christian. We are filled with a desire for Catholics and Protestants to discover one another in the deep distress of our own people."
-Adolf Hitler, in a speech in Passau, 27 October 1928, Bundesarchiv Berlin-Zehlendorf

Quote:"The fox remains always a fox, the goose remains a goose, and the tiger will retain the character of a tiger." - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol. ii, ch. xi.

Quote:"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them." - Adolf Hitler, speech, April 12 1922

Quote:"From where do we get the right to believe, that from the very beginning Man was not what he is today? Looking at Nature tells us, that in the realm of plants and animals changes and developments happen. But nowhere inside a kind shows such a development as the breadth of the jump , as Man must supposedly have made, if he has developed from an ape-like state to what he is today." - Adolf Hitler, Tischgesprache im Fuhrerhauptquartier.

Lenny Flank Wrote:Even in discussing racial purity and "race-mixing", Hitler chooses not the words of evolutionary biology or eugenics, but points instead to his divinely holy mission: "Historical experience offers countless proofs of this. It shows with terrifying clarity that in every mingling of Aryan blood with that of lower peoples the result was the end of the cultured people. North America, whose population consists in by far the largest part of Germanic elements who mixed but little with the lower colored peoples, shows a different humanity and culture from Central and South America, where the predominantly Latin immigrants often mixed with the aborigines on a large scale. By this one example, we can clearly and distinctly recognize the effect of racial mixture. The Germanic inhabitant of the American continent, who has remained racially pure and unmixed, rose to be master of the continent; he will remain the master as long as he does not fall a victim to defilement of the blood. The result of all racial crossing is therefore in brief always the following: To bring about such a development is, then, nothing else but to sin against the will of the Eternal Creator."

Die Buecherei von 1935 (The Library of 1935):
Quote:6. Schriften weltanschaulichen und lebenskundlichen Charakters, deren Inhalt die falsche naturwissenschaftliche Aufklaerung eines primitiven Darwinismus und Monismus ist (Haeckel).
Translation:
Quote:6. Writings of world natured and living-oriented nature, whose content is of false scientific enlightenment through primitive Darwinism and Monism.

For you, sir, I am irate. Irate that you open your mouth and this oral diarrhea comes out with almost no idea of the history. Just as bad as the creationists who came to university and tried the same trick.

Sources:
http://evolutionlist.blogspot.com/2008/0...arwin.html
http://normdoering.blogspot.com/2007/04/...heist.html
http://normdoering.blogspot.com/2007/04/...inist.html
http://www.talkreason.org/articles/Hitler.cfm
(December 27, 2009 at 8:29 pm)Rockthatpiano06 Wrote: I think it's one of those things thats debated. Atheists will say he was a christian, while christians will say he was an atheist.

More to the point, Hitler called himself a christian and, if you ask me, he was a stellar example of the breed.
Oh, I agree. All the evidence I have seen points to the fact that he was a Christian. I was just making the point that Christians will debate it to death and will say he's an atheist, lol.
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hitler vs God purplepurpose 16 3077 December 22, 2017 at 11:58 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Why can't Christians accept the fact that Hitler was a Christian NuclearEnergy 118 16528 April 18, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Was Hitler a Christian? TrueChristian 293 34517 April 19, 2016 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Hitler believed he was doing God's work!! chatpilot 34 24055 October 8, 2008 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: chatpilot