Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-Christian
RE: Ex-Christian
welcome. we'll have to do something about your atheism
(May 29, 2014 at 9:39 pm)theist101 Wrote: welcome. we'll have to do something about your atheism

Or we may have to do something about your theism.

Cool Shades
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome to the dark side. Grab yourself some cookies. Big Grin
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(May 29, 2014 at 9:39 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(May 29, 2014 at 9:39 pm)theist101 Wrote: welcome. we'll have to do something about your atheism

Or we may have to do something about your theism.

Cool Shades

haha. tbh what percentage of people do you think can be swayed from one side to the other (presupposing everyone starts off on either atheism or theism)
(May 29, 2014 at 9:56 pm)theist101 Wrote:
(May 29, 2014 at 9:39 pm)Beccs Wrote: Or we may have to do something about your theism.

Cool Shades

haha. tbh what percentage of people do you think can be swayed from one side to the other (presupposing everyone starts off on either atheism or theism)

Not mine to judge. I have no idea.

And, as an atheist I don't see it as my job to try to deconvert anyone.

I'm generally live and let live so long as those of whatever belief or lack thereof don't feel the need to push it on everyone else, to harm or hurt others, or to retard science or human knowledge.
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 29, 2014 at 9:56 pm)theist101 Wrote: what percentage of people do you think can be swayed from one side to the other (presupposing everyone starts off on either atheism or theism)

Since we all start off atheist, I'd say the percentage is rather high. Unfortunately, religion usually gets it's hooks into them before they learn enough about life to recognize bullshit when they smell it. Even after indoctrination into some religion, people can be de-converted.

I'd hazard to guess that, after learning how to think rationally, more theists are de-converted than atheists are converted but without hard numbers it's just a guess.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.