Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questioning Christian
RE: Questioning Christian
Thanks all, sorry I've been a little busy getting back. I would say I haven't given up faith completely, I'm just a little disillusioned with organized religion, and even among Christianity there are so many "flavors" of interpretation that seem bewildering. I may have a scientific mind, I can roll with the Big Bang Theory and evolution, but there's a small part of me that thinks that life on earth, in all its forms, may have had some "outside influence". I just have a hard time accepting that humans who are self-aware, who are capable of love, art, music, engineering (shameless plug), and a great many other remarkable things exist because of random collisions of molecules over billions of years. Interestingly, some of the engineering type folks in my church were in agreement when we got into some discussion on the subject, and admitted they don't reject the theory of evolution.

So, maybe I'm not a full-blown atheist, though I appreciate that your forums allow non-atheists, and it is interesting reading others' perspectives on faith.
Quote: He waves his hands a lot, his wife jumps up and down during worship songs, he shouts out lots of superfluous "Amen!"s and "Praise Jesus!".

All religion is showmanship. Why do you think the pope wears that stupid hat?

It's all a con game.

Welcome.
(July 29, 2014 at 8:02 pm)SWguy1 Wrote: Maybe the Muslims or the Jews have it right, and we have it wrong.

What a shame that such a sentiment is so rare amongst believers.

Welcome, bud.