Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians. Could you be wrong?
Christians. Could you be wrong?
As an atheist I am willing to admit that I could be wrong. God may exist. Your Bible may be 100% accurate. All I need is evidence.

Is there anything that could convince you that the God of the Bible may not exist?
RE: Christians. Could you be wrong?
God blazing the aurora across the night sky proclaiming he doesn't exist in Helvetica typeface ??
(August 1, 2014 at 5:41 pm)Rob_W75 Wrote: As an atheist I am willing to admit that I could be wrong. God may exist. Your Bible may be 100% accurate. All I need is evidence.

Is there anything that could convince you that the God of the Bible may not exist?

1.Christians use the Bible as evidence. If that isn't good enough for you, then it isn't good enough. Oh Well.
2. NO.
3. If you joined this site in '11, you should have more than 8 posts.
Dodgy
Rob, 43 years ago you had a shot at me saying yes to your question.
I know far too much since then to say anything could change my status.
Nothing could persuade me otherwise.
Thanks for asking.
I'm not sure its safe to ever be in a position where "nothing" could change one's mind.
The gods offer no rewards for intellect. There was never one yet that showed any interest in it.
-- Mark Twain, Notebook
Kind of cute how both John and professor are so puffed up and proud about having their minds all made up once and for all. No future input of any kind need apply, no insight or flash of inspiration need apply. Your door is closed. Doesn't sound quite alive to me but at least you 'know' that you are beyond life and death now. Undecided

(August 1, 2014 at 6:30 pm)Amalynne0 Wrote: I'm not sure its safe to ever be in a position where "nothing" could change one's mind.

Their leap of faith is that they already know everything worth knowing. They can basically close there eyes and ears from here on in.

I go at it the other way around. My leap of faith is that I will follow the truth wherever it may take me. No auto pilot for me.
Absolutely nothing? What if aliens came and told us that they planted us here 200,000 years ago?
(August 1, 2014 at 6:26 pm)professor Wrote: Rob, 43 years ago you had a shot at me saying yes to your question.
I know far too much since then to say anything could change my status.
Nothing could persuade me otherwise.
Thanks for asking.

Now we have evidence of what class of shithead the prof really is.

[Image: Bill-Nye-Ken-Ham-image.jpg]
(August 1, 2014 at 5:41 pm)Rob_W75 Wrote: All I need is evidence.
Those who cannot see Him through His works have no chance of seeing His countenance.

(August 1, 2014 at 5:41 pm)Rob_W75 Wrote: Is there anything that could convince you that the God of the Bible may not exist?
Yes, a compelling physicalist solution to the mind-brain problem. (That would at least give me serious pause.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 9012 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  If you could rid the world... FredTheLobster 33 3212 June 29, 2021 at 11:02 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2659 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7586 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Could I sue my religion over this? Won2blv 21 3278 October 8, 2017 at 8:18 am
  Could God's creation be like His omniscience? Whateverist 19 5909 May 18, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Another "how could any intelligent woman be a Christian?" thread drfuzzy 17 2804 September 14, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 33899 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 30511 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 50553 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho