Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
one more fight against the fox propaganda engine
one more fight against the fox propaganda engine
http://www.upworthy.com/if-her-religion-...?c=reccon1

Quote:If Her Religion Makes You Feel Uneasy, You're Paying Attention To Exactly The Wrong Thing

Am I a climate change Evangelist? The evangel means good news. Climate change is not really very good news right now, but, at the same time, I think it is good news to know that we have choices, and by making wise and responsible choices now, we can ensure that we protect the things that we care about the most on our planet, for the benefit of the people who we know personally and those who we don't.
RE: one more fight against the fox propaganda engine
If all evangelical Christians took her point of view, I wouldn't be so bothered by them. She takes the facts first, and then applies faith, rather than letting faith fool her into ignoring the facts.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Religion is kinda like penises -- I don't care about yours until you try to stick it in my face.

Same. It doesn't bother me until some schmuck tries to tell me that my beliefs are absurd without any reasoned support. Why not have some respect for other people's views rather than jumping to conclusions.

So you have a bone of contention. Wise up and realise, that's all it is. You have no conclusive evidence. So why not approach the subject with a view to learning and exchanging ideas rather than weild the pitch fork. I guess some people are born to be witch hunters.
Depends on the view. Opinions aren't worth jack in the grand scheme of things and neither are beliefs.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Yours and mine Fid. Some people can't see that though.
But some 'opinions' are worth more than others.

I'd take the opinion of a cardiologist over a homeopathist on heart issues, for example.

Beliefs are harmless until they're not.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

Yes, and any unwarranted intrusion into your personal space is unwelcome. Am I forcing my belief on someone unwarranted, should be the question.
(September 30, 2014 at 4:42 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Yes, and any unwarranted intrusion into your personal space is unwelcome. Am I forcing my belief on someone unwarranted, should be the question.

Not as far as I'm concerned you're not, young hobbit.

(September 30, 2014 at 3:10 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Same. It doesn't bother me until some schmuck tries to tell me that my beliefs are absurd without any reasoned support. Why not have some respect for other people's views rather than jumping to conclusions.

So you have a bone of contention. Wise up and realise, that's all it is. You have no conclusive evidence. So why not approach the subject with a view to learning and exchanging ideas rather than weild the pitch fork. I guess some people are born to be witch hunters.

Has anyone from this forum gone to some non-atheist place you frequent to tell you that you're wrong? Because there's a lot of irony in your sentiment, considering.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fox News... Ashendant 20 6989 July 30, 2010 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels