Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday to
Happy Birthday to
Zen Badger and Fr0d0!

(even though fr0ds called me Losty)

To: Zen

To: Frodo

If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: Happy Birthday to
Fr0d0's "card" should be a sheep in a suggestive pose. Fr0d0 loves sheep
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
Seriously digging the bum cake....

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 12, 2014 at 4:01 pm)Luckie Wrote: (even though fr0ds called me Losty)
Yeah, you've seen one sexy chick, you've seen 'em all.

Happy birthday, you guys!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(October 13, 2014 at 7:43 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Seriously digging the bum cake....

Boru

If I had a cake like that.. Mm. I wouldn't save you guys any. I'd just plow my face into that sweet treat like it was Ivy's bacon.

Tonus made me happy just now, so, he could have my sloppy seconds Smile
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
I did? Oops! Sorry Luckie! Tiger
Happy birthday, y'all.

Fanx Great

And fanx Luckie for the very nice thought Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy 9th Birthday AF! Tiberius 44 7053 August 28, 2017 at 10:51 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Happy 5th Birthday Atheist Forums! Tiberius 17 7665 August 31, 2013 at 5:26 am
Last Post: Violet
  Happy 4th Birthday Atheist Forums! Tiberius 32 13525 August 29, 2012 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious