Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public relations director or American Atheists comes out as transgender
Public relations director or American Atheists comes out as transgender
This just popped up across my facebook feed tonight. I looked it up and she seems to be serious.... even if she doesn't look much like a 'she' at the moment. Here's a screen cap I got:

[Image: Muscato_zpsb3f3ac3f.jpg]

Thoughts?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Public relations director or American Atheists comes out as transgender
I don't wanna sound offensive, but why should I care what sex he/she identifies?
Honestly this fuckin idiot hurts the atheist cause. Just complies with what the theists try to portray us as. Fringe weirdos.
(November 18, 2014 at 2:40 am)YoungCapitalist Wrote: Honestly this fuckin idiot hurts the atheist cause. Just complies with what the theists try to portray us as. Fringe weirdos.

You're right, and to be on the safe side, let's better lock James Randi into a dungeon lest people might think that skepticism has the ghey! Better yet, let's ban all the uppity women in the movement lest the fundies think that atheists do not share their bigotry. Heaven forbid if they are put off by our apparent openness and 21st century attitudes. After all, all progress is achieved by throwing minorities under the bus in order to appease the bigots. Works every time.

Come on, you can do better. How about starting to view people as actual human beings, and take it from there?

Do you even realize how you hurt people on this forum with your thoughtless attitude? You may even have participated in threads with these fringe weirdos without knowing. Shocking, eh? Better clean your browser with soap, and get a priest to bless it to remove the icky. An apology might be in order.

Thoughts... not many, except hoping that all goes well.

(November 18, 2014 at 1:03 am)TaraJo Wrote: even if she doesn't look much like a 'she' at the moment. Here's a screen cap I got:

Well, that is a very stylish and well trimmed beard. I could not achieve such if I tried Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(November 18, 2014 at 2:40 am)YoungCapitalist Wrote: Honestly this fuckin idiot hurts the atheist cause. Just complies with what the theists try to portray us as. Fringe weirdos.

So, are you calling me a "fringe weirdo?"
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
It's not at all unusual for people to identify as trans a bit "later" in life.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Probably the whole reason she came out is because she expects atheists to be more tolerable. I don't think it hurts the atheist cause to have people that theists typically look down on.

I don't understand transgenderism. I don't know what makes people think this isn't just a mental illness, since I don't care to research it. However, if someone want to do it, and spend their money to make themself look like what they feel on the inside, I say let them. It's like stories I've heard where people think one of their limbs is an extra limb that shouldn't be there. If they have it removed, they're happier. We don't understand that, but the brain can do weird things that don't make sense to most people.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Chad, some transgender people don't spend a dime on changing themselves physically, although most will at the very least take hormone replacement therapy.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Ok. That doesn't matter to me either. If Danielle decides to stay as is, even including the facial hair, it's no skin off my back.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

On the other hand, the impulse to marginalize any of us for any of our peculiarities fuels an impulse which is better left on untouched.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Atheist National Convention Maffis 5 966 April 13, 2019 at 7:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Public event in Melbourne: Average Atheists - call for speakers worldslaziestbusker 6 2738 June 7, 2013 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: worldslaziestbusker
  AMERICAN ATHEISTS REMOVES RELIGIOUS BILLBOARDS FROM CHARLOTTE KichigaiNeko 3 1698 August 26, 2012 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Court green-lights atheists’ ads on Arkansas public buses Judas BentHer 7 2935 August 15, 2011 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb