Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Conversion Story of a Kid
The Conversion Story of a Kid
I'm currently 13 Years of Age. I was a Christian up to age 9. at 10 I was a confused Christian, and I fully converted to Atheism at 11. Here's my Story.

I was one of those kids that always questioned things, and the bible was the biggest book of questions to me. when I went to church as a young lad, I would always ask my sunday school teacher or preacher questions about things the bible said, I would always get a dirty look from the teacher and preacher, I mean ffs I was a kid, they should've expected me to ask questions, but everybody else just listened along like everything they heard was factual. I'm the kinda guy that likes proof, and that's something Christianity didn't give me. "Have Faith" they'd say. Have Faith isn't a viable excuse to Ignore the absence of proof.
Here's a more recent story that's been in the back of my head: Me and a friend were just having a conversation about God and Jesus, (this friend is christian but respects my opinions, he's no hardcore christian, ect.) and I wasn't meaning for anybody to hear me, but I noticed this one kid, quite a heavy follower of God, and I asked him why God would allow Innocent children to die. My question was a lot more elaborative than that, but that sums it. His response was "God works in mysterious ways" and "It's all part of his plan" What kind of sick fuck has Infant Death in his "plan". Also, I realize that a majority of christians believe that It's God "Testing your faith", that takes me back to my original statement "what kind of sick fuck would do such a thing to "test faith"" Isn't getting up and apologizing for being a human every sunday (totes didn't still that from a wallpaper) and singing about him enough, what else does he need?
Here are some of my favorite quotes that gave me a nice laugh when I was converting to Atheism "If God is real, he's got some explaining to do" and obviously the Infamous Epicurus Quote "“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?” "
I have a strong disbelief in any deity. Even If God was real, I honestly doubt I'd be a christian. Also, as a child I realized there were thousands of religions, and I asked "How do I know I'm following the right one?" so I answered that, by following none of them.
My older brother and mother support me when it comes to Religious views, but my dad would boot me out of the house the second he found out I'm an atheist, which is why, for now I'm keeping it from him.

I could go on for hours about my story, but I'll keep it "short". If you have any questions about my beliefs, please ask below!
[Image: QH0tZwC.png]
RE: The Conversion Story of a Kid
Hi Kloud,

Congratulations, you have figured it out long before a lot of other people do and most never do. I wish more people would think about things instead of just accepting stuff they are told. Myself, I remember fully calling BS at age 7 around christmas time at elementary school. It must have been around the same time I stopped believing in St. Nicolas. And I am sure I was bugging my sunday school teachers at an even younger age with questions.
Great story, thanks for sharing. You are right on the money. There are no good answers to your questions, only pathetic excuses and rationalizations. I wish most adults would have your mental clarity, then we wouldn't have the crippling ignorance and corruption that religion holds over many societies.

Keep asking questions! Truth and decency don't need shielding from inquiry.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 4, 2014 at 5:55 am)TripleA Wrote: Hi Kloud,

Congratulations, you have figured it out long before a lot of other people do and most never do. I wish more people would think about things instead of just accepting stuff they are told. Myself, I remember fully calling BS at age 7 around christmas time at elementary school. It must have been around the same time I stopped believing in St. Nicolas. And I am sure I was bugging my sunday school teachers at an even younger age with questions.

Thanks for the reply! As a younger child, I thought of God as a joke like Santa, to make you feel better about life, but just like santa clause, It's all a fairy tail.
[Image: QH0tZwC.png]
I missed this.

Welcome aboard, Kloud.

Happy to have you here.
Dying to live, living to die.
Hey,

You seem pretty erudite for a 13yo, no surprise that you also figured out that other stuff. About your dad though, first of all if you're 13 kicking you out on the street would probably be a felony, but anyways - what makes you think he'd go that far when your mom is so cool about it? Don't they talk about religion to each other?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I got a kick out of your saying in your introduction thread at 11 years old, "when I was a kid etc...". Chronologically you are still very much a kid but intellectually well beyond your years. Kudos!
(December 17, 2014 at 6:06 pm)Tombochan Wrote: I got a kick out of your saying in your introduction thread at 11 years old, "when I was a kid etc...". Chronologically you are still very much a kid but intellectually well beyond your years. Kudos!

Yeah I had to grin, too
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Went back and retread your introduction. Pardon my original misreading.
The kudos still very much apply.
Quote:I mean ffs I was a kid, they should've expected me to ask questions,

That's not how religion works, lad.

Quote:“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.”

― Martin Luther

The fuckers hate questions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Conversion - De-conversion *Long* rskovride 9 3298 March 4, 2018 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  So my story of becoming a non-believer: Mechaghostman2 2 1739 January 8, 2016 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Old Baby
  My conversion story, just to get it off my chest. LadyForCamus 4 1914 December 26, 2015 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  My Deconversion Story PhilliptheTeenageAtheist 26 5281 June 2, 2015 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  My Conversion Story Rancid 16 4526 February 21, 2015 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Converted into Athiesm - My Story coolfunkDJ 15 4539 February 9, 2015 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Nope
  Recent convert - My story Regina 6 2303 January 7, 2015 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Regina
  My de-converted re-conversion Rarthyr500 47 12972 December 8, 2014 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  My Deconversion Story warlocksarebest 15 4502 November 20, 2014 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: Logical Adolecent
  The deconversion of the preacher's kid christianatheist 11 3895 August 20, 2014 at 1:38 am
Last Post: JimmyM35