Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pandora
Pandora
http://www.pandora.com

Who else uses this thing? I just discovered its existed and I'm hooked to their dance/trance channel.

I imagine it's like the UK Spotify, but it's browser based and simpler. You basically can create a radio station to your liking based on a song, artist, genre, etc... They also have preset stations and I'm finding I love the trance one. It makes for good background music while I futz around online. Big Grin
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Pandora
Yes, I do use Pandora. I love it, but the ads drive me nuts and the limited number of skips you are given is rather annoying. However, I still use it because I find a lot of music I have never heard.
The ads don't bother me, since they're super short and don't come that often

I never even noticed the limited skips, because I just let the trance station do its thing.

Given that it's free (unless you upgrade) I can't complain.

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
It seems nice for finding good music... not sure how well it would work in midday (when my internet slows way down) though.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Is it similar to last fm? I may have to try it, i was dissapointed that I couldnt use spotify since im in the US.
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
(February 16, 2010 at 11:29 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: The ads don't bother me, since they're super short and don't come that often

I never even noticed the limited skips, because I just let the trance station do its thing.

Given that it's free (unless you upgrade) I can't complain.

I guess I'm impatient with talking voices on the radio and I can never listen through a song I don't like. I drive my friends crazy because I'm constantly skipping songs in the car until I find one I like and I cannot listen to talk radio or commercials. I'm usually in the opposite of a trance.

Nonetheless, you're right, Pandora is free, so what should I expect? Wink And I do find a lot of good tunes that I haven't heard.
Yeah well I imagine it's different when you're looking for sing-a-long music. I enjoy it more for the background beats while I surf the net or draw. Big Grin

I'm liking it so far! I've been trying it out for a few days.
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
Way way way too cheesy and commercial for me, imho the best trance radio station is Triplag
I have a Nightwish channel on there that I listen to constantly.

It's how I found bands like Epica, Delain, Krypteria, Sirenia, and others.

It's better than Last.fm for Internet Radio, and as soon as I get the cash I'll upgrade to Pandora One. Big Grin
Imperial Bulletin Board
Developer/Support Team Coordinator

ryanashbrook.com
My Blog