Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#crimingwhilewhite
#crimingwhilewhite
#Crimingwhilewhite has become a popular and influential twitter trend here's an article about it:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Cr...77271.html

Since I figure about 90% of af.org's members are white and all of us regardless of race basically support this cause

How about we all start a thread dedicated too #crimingwhilewhite

Who's first?
RE: #crimingwhilewhite
Probably a good idea, but a bit of a false equivalence: unfortunately, you don't even need to be "criming" while black to be killed or at least harassed by police and treated unfairly (*). Therefore, I don't really know how to feel about this.

(*) For example, I have bought a bag of skittles in Florida while wearing a hood. No one even tried to shoot me.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I've never committed a crime but I have no doubt that if I did and I was caught I'd be held to account for it according to the law. But it depends on the crime I guess.

Issue here tends to be what constitutes a crime that the police should deal with, considering there appears to be less funding and resources are being spread increasingly thin (UK). More people are able to get away with pretty crime because the work involved in prosecuting < the result of a successful prosecution, at least that appears to be the 'word on the street'. I'm not sure on demographic differences.

I've never encountered the aforementioned hashtag and I'm not entirely clear on its purpose. I'm guessing it's an American thing in reaction to the recent police related stories.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(December 8, 2014 at 11:11 am)simplemoss Wrote: #Crimingwhilewhite has become a popular and influential twitter trend here's an article about it:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Cr...77271.html

Since I figure about 90% of af.org's members are white and all of us regardless of race basically support this cause

How about we all start a thread dedicated too #crimingwhilewhite
Who's first?

I got away with crimes because I'm not scum and I'm fairly polite.

I was once rolling a joint outside when I saw two police officers, as they approached I had to quickly put the huge bag of weed behind me, and the joint. They talked to me for about 5 minutes very suspiciously but thank god they never asked me to stand up or move. Then they just left.

My friend at the time, had more of the scum attitude. He was white though. He was very proud of all the times he'd been arrested, bragged about it to every girl he met. Started a rap group called FTP which stands for fuck the police.
He was arrested because he had marijuana in his pocket, probably less than what I had. I think he got arrested a few more times for that.

Another two times I'd been stopped by the police with marijuana on me and never searched.

Just the other night the police stopped me in my car because it's a new car and I didn't understand the fact that the dashboard gives a warning to say the automatic lights are working fine.
Anyway to cut a long story short the police stopped me, breathilized me, just because it's the christmas season. Told me I was the nicest person they ever stopped, then explained what I'd been doing with my car lights and helped me out with them.

Personally the only people I know who have been beaten or arrested were scum who were very proud of being beaten and arrested. Oh and they were white.

Plus there's probably other factors too, like how people dress, if the person is a good looking female and the officer is male. Even though I've seen police brutality on good looking white females too.

I've seen youtube videos of police brutality and there's a lot of white victims who weren't even resisting arrest who had their arms broken, badly beaten. And that's without even resisting. in England there's been a white guy who got tazered to death and he wasn't even the person the police were looking for. But no one rioted when he died.

But just to clarify, I don't see this as a black and white issue that's so clear cut. I just think that there have been black people who have been shot and killed for no reason but that doesn't mean that no black person should ever be shot and killed by the police.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I've had harrassful interactions with the police before, specifically the Oxnard, California PD, who until recently were led by a chief who admired and emulated the 90s-era LAPD. I got stopped once for riding my bike against traffic -- fair game. I was then accused of being a drug user, and the officer insisted on searching my backpack. When I refused permission, he threatened to arrest me. His stated "reasonable suspicion" was laughable, and I told him as much: I lived next to an eating disorder clinic that years before had been a drug rehab clinic, so therefore I was on drugs. I guess my long hair sealed the deal. He was visibly angry when I ran down the Fourth Amendment for him.

Thankfully, I was white, so I didn't get the ever-loving shit beat out of me, like they've done to the Hispanic and black members of the community for years.

eta: I'm still white.

I have been at odds with the law a few times and I admire the cops being gentle with the batons. I guess if I was black and in the US, I would've been shot. Glad I am to live in a civilized part of the world, not necessarily wealthy, but more civilized.
Yeah - no racism in this country. Just ask the DAs.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/no-charges-for-mall-cop-who-pepper-sprayed-black-man-being-harassed-by-half-naked-white-man/

Quote:No charges for mall cop who pepper sprayed black man being harassed by half-naked white man

Pepper spray the victim - not the perp.
This isn't a crime but I have never been accused of being part of a gang when I point; however, maybe if I took a photo while standing next to a young black man someone would make the accusation.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/weird-new...ing/nh37j/
Well how about our white American members????

That might want too confess that they got away with something, that a racist police officer would have acted quite "differently" if you were black????
@Parkers Tan,
If you still live in Oxnard, we're neighbors. I live in Ventura and though I'm 65 am enrolling at Ventura College and will transfer to Oxnard to complete courses for an Addiction Counseling certificate.
Several years ago, while still active in crack addiction I was standing around a known drug transaction area waiting for a dealer to bring back a rock. The police came and because of my behavior and the location had probable cause to search me and found my very dirty pipe. I'm white, of very conventional looks and I was polite. After taking me to the substation and interviewing me, where I admitted to being a regular user, they released me without charges.
What do you think the odds are that I'd have walked if I was black, polite or not?