Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The delicate brain and religion
The delicate brain and religion
Scientists have been able to induce religious experiences and sensations in people by applying a weak magnetic field over their temporal lobes which makes me wonder if there are certain areas of the planet where the magnetic fields are configured in such a way as to make the people living there more susceptible to religious thoughts and delusions than others living in more magnetically stable areas.

By no means am I suggesting that this is the only reason but, in part, it might explain why there are deeply religious hot spots like Texas for example.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: The delicate brain and religion
It's an interesting concept.

I'd also like to examine their drinking water and quality of bread. Smile
Intersting concept, is there any measures of world magnetism that could be overaid on Google earth I wonder?
Darwinian do your thing.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I'm too busy watching Adrian eating his dinner on the chat thing Big Grin
(February 18, 2010 at 3:41 pm)Darwinian Wrote: I'm too busy watching Adrian eating his dinner on the chat thing Big Grin

That sounds incredibly creepy.Confused Fall

That's because it is Cool Shades
LoL Smile What 'religious experiences'? Can you be specific?
(February 18, 2010 at 3:56 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: LoL Smile What 'religious experiences'? Can you be specific?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/200...rain.shtml

Have a look at this.

Yes, experiences of a religious nature.
I don't consider those religious experiences for the record. I know it's some strange Catholic thing to think random patterns are somehow divine... I think that's pure superstition. Same for fantastical illusions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "God" Part of the Brain, by Matthew Alper neil 20 1125 February 9, 2024 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10598 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4869 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19598 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Left brain believes (theist), right brain disbelieves (atheist) Mystic 15 3314 January 11, 2015 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: robvalue
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 48968 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Religion Causes Brain Damage Tempus 6 2313 April 7, 2012 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Tempus
  Being born again linked to brain atrophy Oldandeasilyconfused 14 6920 January 9, 2012 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5160 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Spirit and then there is brain damage Ace Otana 22 10962 April 29, 2010 at 5:20 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet