Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what the effing hell?
what the effing hell?
Utah wants to make miscarriages a crime?? they've crossed the line of crazy, and gone deep into the fucking woods of insanity.

http://www.balloon-juice.com/2010/02/23/...ban-watch/
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
RE: what the effing hell?
That has to be a spoof!! That's as insane as criminalising sneezing or coughing!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Wow Rockin... you noticed the title of the site right? "Baloon Juice - Consistently wrong since 2002"

Smile
(February 23, 2010 at 7:39 pm)theVOID Wrote: Wow Rockin... you noticed the title of the site right? "Baloon Juice - Consistently wrong since 2002"

Smile
I think that's just a funny tagline. If you actually trace the links back, you get the Salt Lake Tribune: http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14429070
Story back-up.

Reality Check

So deplorable.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
Well, it seems that they're not going to go after women who legally get abortions; They're actually going after people who go to illegal lengths to miscarry (like paying people to beat them up so they miscarry.)
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(February 23, 2010 at 8:43 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Well, it seems that they're not going to go after women who legally get abortions; They're actually going after people who go to illegal lengths to miscarry (like paying people to beat them up so they miscarry.)

Did you see the part in the link I put up about "reckless behavior"?

Article Quote:

"In addition to criminalizing an intentional attempt to induce a miscarriage or abortion, the bill also creates a standard that could make women legally responsible for miscarriages caused by "reckless" behavior.
Using the legal standard of "reckless behavior" all a district attorney needs to show is that a woman behaved in a manner that is thought to cause miscarriage, even if she didn't intend to lose the pregnancy. Drink too much alcohol and have a miscarriage? Under the new law such actions could be cause for prosecution."

Who the hell gets to be the judge of that? So if I'm 5 months preg. and I get into a car without buckling up, get in an accident and miscarry, I am prosecuted for "reckless behavior."

Bullshit.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
(February 23, 2010 at 8:51 pm)Rhage Wrote:
(February 23, 2010 at 8:43 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Well, it seems that they're not going to go after women who legally get abortions; They're actually going after people who go to illegal lengths to miscarry (like paying people to beat them up so they miscarry.)

Did you see the part in the link I put up about "reckless behavior"?

Article Quote:

"In addition to criminalizing an intentional attempt to induce a miscarriage or abortion, the bill also creates a standard that could make women legally responsible for miscarriages caused by "reckless" behavior.
Using the legal standard of "reckless behavior" all a district attorney needs to show is that a woman behaved in a manner that is thought to cause miscarriage, even if she didn't intend to lose the pregnancy. Drink too much alcohol and have a miscarriage? Under the new law such actions could be cause for prosecution."

Who the hell gets to be the judge of that? So if I'm 5 months preg. and I get into a car without buckling up, get in an accident and miscarry, I am prosecuted for "reckless behavior."

Bullshit.

Well, I see it as more of a wall-banger than anything else.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Utah must be challenging Texas for the Most Backward State title.
(February 23, 2010 at 9:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Utah must be challenging Texas for the Most Backward State title.

The rate of inbreeding in Utah must be approaching the rate of Texas.