Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If i had a dollar for every time...
If i had a dollar for every time...
A person posing as a rational Christian and any other death cult member tries to drag me into their mindset and religion i swear i would have a really nice vacation and nice cars. Truth be told i like being smart, intelligent, and unpersuaded by people who try to convert me. I mean why would i want to join a religion with a terrible past and still some what terrible future. I mean some of the worst people in mankind came from religion. Also street preachers don't they have a life and better things to do besides calling women whores and men adulterers, I mean come on that is just plain harassment under the jesus protection sheet. I have a few reasons why ill never join a Abrahamic religion here is a few reasons, its unethical morals, it allowed slavery and still does, god isn't the most loving being, anyone born with defects gets sent to hell even if they believe in god and oh wow... god is a hypocrite.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: If i had a dollar for every time...
(January 3, 2015 at 1:57 am)dyresand Wrote: A person posing as a rational Christian and any other death cult member tries to drag me into their mindset and religion i swear i would have a really nice vacation and nice cars. Truth be told i like being smart, intelligent, and unpersuaded by people who try to convert me. I mean why would i want to join a religion with a terrible past and still some what terrible future. I mean some of the worst people in mankind came from religion. Also street preachers don't they have a life and better things to do besides calling women whores and men adulterers, I mean come on that is just plain harassment under the jesus protection sheet. I have a few reasons why ill never join a Abrahamic religion here is a few reasons, its unethical morals, it allowed slavery and still does, god isn't the most loving being, anyone born with defects gets sent to hell even if they believe in god and oh wow... god is a hypocrite.

If you really want to know if you are smart and intelligent ask a few people who know you well. We tend to have unrealistic views of ourselves, so it helps to get feedback.
You're just late to the party.
Religions are like selling Amway. You convert 2 friends and they each convert 2 friends and so on. Eventually there are enough members that skimming a little off of each and sending it to the top provides some nice homes and cars for the originator(s).
Organized religions have turned this into a niche which has supported in style a class of persons over centuries.
The people trying to convert you are just the end nodes of the network. That's what's annoying. You want to be in the trunk and they can't get you there. You'd just be another leaf on the money tree.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
(January 3, 2015 at 4:31 pm)JuliaL Wrote: You're just late to the party.
Religions are like selling Amway. You convert 2 friends and they each convert 2 friends and so on. Eventually there are enough members that skimming a little off of each and sending it to the top provides some nice homes and cars for the originator(s).
Organized religions have turned this into a niche which has supported in style a class of persons over centuries.
The people trying to convert you are just the end nodes of the network. That's what's annoying. You want to be in the trunk and they can't get you there. You'd just be another leaf on the money tree.

How harsh. But it appears accurate. I agree that big religion is basically a corporation.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Starting your own religion is where the real money is.
(January 3, 2015 at 4:46 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Starting your own religion is where the real money is.

Any comets passing by soon?
You can say there is. The kind of believer you need is the kind that won't both to step outside tonite and check.
(January 3, 2015 at 4:50 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: You can say there is. The kind of believer you need is the kind that won't both to step outside tonite and check.

You should read "Blasphemy" by Douglas Preston. Excellent work of fiction on exactly what you're describing.
(January 3, 2015 at 4:46 pm)Spooky Wrote: How harsh. But it appears accurate. I agree that big religion is basically a corporation.

In my model of reality corporations and religions share many attributes.
Each can be described as a large, emergent self-replicating pattern riding on top of communities of human individuals. They are alive in the sense that they use energy to maintain homeostasis, they reproduce and fill niches available to them. They even have their own, individual moralities: for corporations, lack of profit is evil which leads to destruction, for religions, failure to maintain belief among the members is evil which leads to extinction of the corpus.
They eat, and boy can they shit!
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
Religions only has power from money and raping the minds of the people in third world countries.
And many people in those countries start to see like in god loves uganda that missionaries aren't helping but hurting them.
Uganda pretty much for the most part was doing well on their own getting aids and hiv numbers down then here comes the
missionaries and pretty much like the pope and george w bush it went back up.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slam dunk - Jesus had no clue LinuxGal 19 1307 September 16, 2023 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Data
  Questions I have had about the Bible recently... FlatAssembler 12 2091 July 24, 2021 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Xhristards - Getting Stupider Every Day Minimalist 10 1173 July 25, 2018 at 5:42 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time Arsoo 103 27512 November 9, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 3901 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Jesus. A Day Late and a Dollar Short Minimalist 20 4357 April 24, 2017 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Papers that every Christian should read! Jehanne 3 974 December 8, 2016 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 33896 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  So, "Noah" had four big-ass cranes? Minimalist 27 4431 April 15, 2016 at 1:52 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  What time is it?? What if Time!!! Drich 94 10684 March 11, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand