Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Opens Mouth; Inserts Foot
RE: Pope Opens Mouth; Inserts Foot
(January 18, 2015 at 7:45 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: A quorum who unfortunately at this point in time is particularly one sided in its position on religious views. Unfortunate when presiding over religious views.

The sufferance shown you, Drich, and GC completely undermine your point here. While the Staff may well not accept your faiths, they certainly accept your presence, and that means you're pretty much talking out your ass here.

What is it with Christians and whining? Grow a pair already. You're not Daniel bearding the lion in his den, you're not Christ on the cross, you're some nobody in a small country surfing online and looking for a reason to complain. Your martyrdom here is cheap and easy.

(January 18, 2015 at 11:00 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
Quote:for all this whining about censorship, actual censorship has been well within our reach the entire time, and hasn't been used once.

Don't forget we can edit posts at will. We can make people say anything we want them to. And nobody will be any the wiser, apart from the automatic timestamp logging that an edit was made and by whom.

The logging being an automated process that we could probably turn off, but don't because we want the increased accountability that it brings. You know, just like professional evil, censorious cabals would do! Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Being evil's great, isn't it?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
And, does nobody notice when we ban misbehaving atheists? Because we totally do it. Go through the ban list. We've been banning atheists (and their socks) about as often as we've been banning theists (and their socks).

Our lack of religious bias regarding bannings is on display for all to see.
(January 18, 2015 at 8:19 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: 1. The rule is no trolling
2. I've clearly pointed out what is trolling in my opinion
3. I think all of the staff have told me that they don't agree with what I see as trolling
4. The only difference in opinion is based upon the belief position of the observer
5. Reporting an offense of trolling to a group that don't agree with your judgement of trolling is pointless
6. The staff warn against pointless reporting wasting their time

You haven't demonstrated that #4 is causing the rejection of your complaints.

I'm entirely fed up with your moaning frodo. I can't believe the disrespect you are giving to the admins, the accusations you are throwing and then the lack of backing up you are doing.

I've noticed a general trend that your posts have become increasingly irrational and paranoid, and I'm genuinely concerned about your mental well being. But I have no interest in talking to you any more after this display of extended dishonesty. You've had ample opportunities to just swallow your pride and move on, but on and on you go playing the martyr card pulling more stuff out your ass. The fact that you are still here at all totally negates you "point". Block enabled.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 18, 2015 at 9:56 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Admin hat on.

You've made your point, fr0d0. If you don't like how the forum is run, tough shit. Post elsewhere if you don't like it.

Making in-thread accusations of rule-breaking is inappropriate. Stop doing it. Use the report button - or don't - just stop doing this in threads. If you don't like the staff's decision on a particular issue, see above. If your definition of what constitutes trolling differs from staff interpretation, see above.

I'm simply responding. Nothing more. Check it out. If the staff don't want me to respond, it's odd that they ask me questions. I feel more obliged to answer them than regular members, but no problem, I will ignore them from now on.

As I said, I thought I'd raised it in the appropriate place. Calmly and responsibly. The issue is now past. In my eyes anyway.

Irrational responses ignored.
The pope is nothing these days, his word is he's only words, there is no substance in anything he says, its all over for him and his establishment.
(January 19, 2015 at 3:52 am)psychoslice Wrote: The pope is nothing these days, his word is he's only words, there is no substance in anything he says, its all over for him and his establishment.

Come to Italy, see if him and his establishment are nothing Dodgy
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(January 19, 2015 at 3:54 am)Lucanus Wrote:
(January 19, 2015 at 3:52 am)psychoslice Wrote: The pope is nothing these days, his word is he's only words, there is no substance in anything he says, its all over for him and his establishment.

Come to Italy, see if him and his establishment are nothing Dodgy

Yes that is true, but that's what you get from someone who deceives others.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1279 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3320 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why do cardinals get to elect the Pope? Fake Messiah 26 1319 March 13, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2120 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2232 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3552 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9709 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
  Priest publicly wishes for Pope's quick death... c172 18 4776 March 22, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: c172
  Catholics warring against the Pope? Fake Messiah 29 7413 November 27, 2017 at 6:52 am
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5445 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus