Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 9:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smut for Smut
RE: Smut for Smut
Quote:Why did I spend so much money on my Computer Science degree? Had I known now that I could learn plenty about Computer Science without actually taking a course in it, I wouldn't have bothered...
But there is a difference. Computer Science is one thing, it is an applied science that can be well taught in a school. But Economics is a queer fish. There are a lot of good reasons that Economics taught in schools are stupid, while other subjects aren't as much so. The Economics that dominate the schools around here are very old, western models of the Austrian School. I disagree the validity and usefulness of this school of Economics. So while they are not gonna teach you things that make a computer not function in your school, in economics they will explain and teach things that make community and trade not function.

The Nobel Prize for economics was a wasteland before they gave the Peace one to Kissinger and Obama. That's what I mean about how you can't go to school to learn Economics. That the shit they teach you in school is like the double speak Tav mouthed about "the enormous opportunities available to those that explore new markets". Think about that sentence. Is that describing Sierra Leone? The air quality of Mexico City? What if these "new markets" want to keep their water and natural resources and are not interested in the modern western model of; Step One: Claim something here on the ground as my own, Step Two: Sell it for a short term profit.

So I hear you that it sounds silly, I know it does. But do you understand what I meant about how Economics are systems, not as sold and real as applied sciences and computers, and that 90% ofwhat they teach you about these systems on school is at best retarded and at worst usurious.

It's not that I don't want to discuss. I just don't know how to provide this guy with evidence all the time. I said that I though America was fascist, that is why I left. He said, without any other conversation on his part, that I should prove it to him. He doesn't want to discuss, he just wants proof. So I tried to describe what I was saying, that America is fascist because it is not free and it is evil. So I spat out one of the many definitions of fascism (Although I know Tav is in love with Webster). That is it. That's all. My proof that I believe America is Fascist is that if you define Fascism as the quote did (but you can disagree with that), it adds up. What more do you want? You can disagree, and call my opinion names. That is all the proof I have. That is all I meant.

Everything everyone says is baseless and uncertain, although I am comfortable with it.

Thanks,
-Pip
(April 1, 2010 at 6:46 pm)divermike Wrote: Leo van Miert
"Evolution: Putting the "win"in "Darwin"since 3,500,000,000 BC"
when what exactly happened? oh you dont know, well shut the fuck up then you quoteashous twat

And a good morning to you as well.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(April 2, 2010 at 12:04 am)Pippy Wrote:
Quote:Why did I spend so much money on my Computer Science degree? Had I known now that I could learn plenty about Computer Science without actually taking a course in it, I wouldn't have bothered...
But there is a difference. Computer Science is one thing, it is an applied science that can be well taught in a school. But Economics is a queer fish. There are a lot of good reasons that Economics taught in schools are stupid, while other subjects aren't as much so. The Economics that dominate the schools around here are very old, western models of the Austrian School. I disagree the validity and usefulness of this school of Economics. So while they are not gonna teach you things that make a computer not function in your school, in economics they will explain and teach things that make community and trade not function.

The Nobel Prize for economics was a wasteland before they gave the Peace one to Kissinger and Obama. That's what I mean about how you can't go to school to learn Economics. That the shit they teach you in school is like the double speak Tav mouthed about "the enormous opportunities available to those that explore new markets". Think about that sentence. Is that describing Sierra Leone? The air quality of Mexico City? What if these "new markets" want to keep their water and natural resources and are not interested in the modern western model of; Step One: Claim something here on the ground as my own, Step Two: Sell it for a short term profit.

So I hear you that it sounds silly, I know it does. But do you understand what I meant about how Economics are systems, not as sold and real as applied sciences and computers, and that 90% ofwhat they teach you about these systems on school is at best retarded and at worst usurious.

It's not that I don't want to discuss. I just don't know how to provide this guy with evidence all the time. I said that I though America was fascist, that is why I left. He said, without any other conversation on his part, that I should prove it to him. He doesn't want to discuss, he just wants proof. So I tried to describe what I was saying, that America is fascist because it is not free and it is evil. So I spat out one of the many definitions of fascism (Although I know Tav is in love with Webster). That is it. That's all. My proof that I believe America is Fascist is that if you define Fascism as the quote did (but you can disagree with that), it adds up. What more do you want? You can disagree, and call my opinion names. That is all the proof I have. That is all I meant.

Everything everyone says is baseless and uncertain, although I am comfortable with it.

Thanks,
-Pip

I shall let this post speak for itself.
(April 2, 2010 at 12:04 am)Pippy Wrote: Everything everyone says is baseless and uncertain, although I am comfortable with it.

This has troll written all over it.
God Damnit!

Quote:Pippy Wrote:
Thanks,
-Pip

I shall let this post speak for itself.
@Pippy

Quote:The difference between a good economist and a bad economist is good economist will admit he doesn't know what he's talking about. (John Maynard Keynes)

Told to me by a friend who is a Health Economist,so may be apochryphal.

Trivia: Keynes was the only economist to accurately calculate how much Germany could actually pay in war reparations after WW1 ($US 10billion)
John Maynard Keynes admits he doesn't know what he is talking about?

Keynesian School of Economics is kinda broken itself. The whole central banking complex makes it top heavy. For every working citizen we need one government official carefully watching him.

But I like the quote.