Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Climate change skeptic turned proponent
Climate change skeptic turned proponent
The famous Richard Muller professor from UC Berkeley who doubted the climate change was real back in 2003. He formed his own group to study the issue and came to the same conclusions as previous climate scientist. His "conversion" story just under 5 minutes.

Best line is at the very end, "If you say it's something else and I don't know what it is, my answer is something else that just happens, by accident that perfectly matches the carbon dioxide increase ... are you serious?"
RE: Climate change skeptic turned proponent
At least in this case he really was a "skeptic", in that once he had seen the evidence he accepted it as real. I get annoyed at the more general use of the word "climate skeptic" though, seeing as "skeptic" is not synonymous with "sticking your fingers in your ears and ignoring established science".
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Take note "skeptics", this is how to be a real skeptic.
The more people who accept the evidence, the better the chance of saving our planet. Kudos to him.
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
(February 13, 2015 at 8:38 pm)IanHulett Wrote: The more people who accept the evidence, the better the chance of saving our planet. Kudos to him.

Until "accepting the evidence" leads to actually doing something about it, there is little to no hope. Unfortunately, pumping CO2 into the atmosphere is very profitable while other methods of energy production are far less so. Unless that changes...
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Weird it's hard to determine who to side with because I honestly don't know much about it, I have tried listening to both sides but honestly I'm lost, the only thing I know is if the climate is changing we should try to stop it.
The declining alkalinity of seawater is going to be a far larger catastrophe.

Hard to get worked up over climate change.

Undecided
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Thing is, the planet will be just fine. What is terrorising everyone is that humanity's fucked
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 14, 2015 at 12:08 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Thing is, the planet will be just fine. What is terrorising everyone is that humanity's fucked

Personally i blame us for using oil still i mean the data is there were fucking up the environment we should all have electric cars now but nooo we still use oil its like were not going to change fast unless something bad happens i just hope humanity is not that stupid as a whole to wait that long. Who knows with us gone nature will get its land back and it would be for the better until you know 5 billion years from now no more earth.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Hello, I am back! Let me add a book by Perkins Marsh published in 1864 titled - Man and Nature (1864).

Perkins had shown that human conduct causes permanent climate change through deforestation.

Yes, someone later would challenge his stream-flow theories but his deforestation has been proven obviously.

I think that humanity has exponentially increased activity that it is important to explore our solar system and beyond.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth' Recent CLimate Spiral 2.0 Leonardo17 105 5489 November 5, 2023 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Earth's recent climate spiral. Jehanne 301 17049 March 5, 2023 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I am so sick of climate change deniers. Brian37 34 2955 November 23, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Can we recover from human caused climate change? Aroura 27 6903 November 23, 2020 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Climate Change and ecological collapse ph445 42 9281 August 3, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Various ways of fighting climate change dyresand 15 3386 April 1, 2017 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  When religion is at odds with climate change research Aegon 24 2814 December 28, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Will modern society slow the progress of change? Heat 11 2892 May 10, 2016 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Climate change Won2blv 56 11009 May 17, 2015 at 3:27 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Representative Steve King emailed me on Climate Change rjl7 5 1663 November 21, 2014 at 11:17 am
Last Post: vorlon13