Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 5:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the hell is going on in the NFL?
RE: What the hell is going on in the NFL?
(March 17, 2015 at 11:55 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(March 17, 2015 at 10:43 am)Faith No More Wrote: Did they lose him or let him go?

That's what I mean, they're being punished for letting him go.

It was mutual. He left of his own accord, and they let him go.

He was getting blamed for a lot of things that were not his fault, but some that clearly were. There is a bubble when the tough asshole coach gets things done. He took a 6-10 gutter team to 13-3 in one year and the NFC Championship three years straight. It was a "my way or the highway" team by all accounts. One of the most important thing for a football team is the locker room dynamic. When you get guys in the locker room who were successful before they got traded or signed to the 49ers, and know you can be good without all that blustering perfectionist stuff, it fractures the locker room. And when the coach doesn't have the locker room any more, it's over in the NFL. Too many egos and too much money.

Harbaugh will do wonderful back in college. He has the recruiting power of Michigan, and a constant turnover of unpaid workers thanks to the NCAA. (which I am going to make a thread about.) He can be the asshole perfectionist coach and compete with OSU in the Big10. It's good for all parties.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 17, 2015 at 11:55 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: That's what I mean, they're being punished for letting him go.

Ah, the way you worded that sounded like maybe it could have been a contract dispute. I don't follow the NFL closely, so I thought maybe I missed something.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Who thinks River's is history in San Diego? His refusal to sign an extension was a smart business decision. I believe if he would have signed he would have been shipped off to Tenn. to finish off his career. Now at best, he'll be a rental for a year. I don't think that would be enough juice for the Titans to ship off the second pick to the Chargers. If his actions thwarted the SD maneuver I can see him being shipped off to Cleveland for their first rounder.
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
Epicurus
(March 20, 2015 at 5:42 pm)404NotFound Wrote: Who thinks River's is history in San Diego? His refusal to sign an extension was a smart business decision. I believe if he would have signed he would have been shipped off to Tenn. to finish off his career. Now at best, he'll be a rental for a year. I don't think that would be enough juice for the Titans to ship off the second pick to the Chargers. If his actions thwarted the SD maneuver I can see him being shipped off to Cleveland for their first rounder.
He's only history of the Chargers move to L.A.. That's what he said his reasoning for not asking for an extension is. I think he's fed up with the lack of talent on the offensive side thanks to the Spanos' mismanagement of the offensive playmakers. Every time he's had a playmaker, they refuse to sign them to a big contract. Tomlinson-gone. VJax-gone. Mathews-gone. The only person that stays is Antonio Gates. He's tired of it, is my guess.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That Unofficial NFL Thread Brian37 158 8305 March 11, 2024 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  How could I miss this rule for 55 years in the NFL? Brian37 14 1646 December 1, 2021 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  CFL VS NFL..... Brian37 28 2827 August 28, 2021 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Anyone watching the NFL draft? Brian37 11 1094 May 2, 2021 at 4:50 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  NFL Pro Bowl Brian37 0 265 January 31, 2021 at 9:39 am
  NFL and Covid....... Cam Newton..... Brian37 2 432 October 3, 2020 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  NFL triva..... Brian37 2 325 September 29, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  NFL's Tom Dempsey latest victim of virus. Brian37 3 753 April 5, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Athene
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1010 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Two NFL records broken this weekend. Brian37 0 333 January 20, 2019 at 11:21 pm