Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming to terms with not finding romantic love
Coming to terms with not finding romantic love
To keep this post short i'll just say this. 

Louise CK

But i'm ugly by any means its just holding down a relationship and i do put effort forward i don't know. 
Just maybe i'm just one of those people who fall into the forever alone statistics. Who knows i have friends
and this is just something i had in the back of my mind for awhile now. I mean i'm happy for my friends
they are getting married having a family but my trade off i'm going to school for something i love and enjoy doing
so yeah. That's about that i suppose.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Coming to terms with not finding romantic love
Dyres, you're pretty young, no?

Why would you give up now?
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
OP, did someone hijack your account?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Drys, I have a hard time following you, but I think I get what you're saying.

The fact that you're having these feelings means you'll keep fervently looking. You may not find your SO as soon as you'd like, but that will only make you look harder. And looking is all you need.

And when she/he breaks your heart and leaves you with nothing, not even an interest in findig someone, that's when you can safely say you're meant to be alone. Lol But you're a long ways from there, bud.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(July 21, 2015 at 8:20 pm)Exian Wrote: Drys, I have a hard time following you, but I think I get what you're saying.

The fact that you're having these feelings means you'll keep fervently looking. You may not find your SO as soon as you'd like, but that will only make you look harder. And looking is all you need.

And when she/he breaks your heart and leaves you with nothing, not even an interest in findig someone, that's when you can safely say you're meant to be alone. Lol But you're a long ways from there, bud.

I normally don't like the acronym, but LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
You know it's true!
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(July 21, 2015 at 8:09 pm)ignoramus Wrote: OP, did someone hijack your account?

Um no why?

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(July 21, 2015 at 8:20 pm)Exian Wrote: Drys, I have a hard time following you, but I think I get what you're saying.

This had me thinking at my last break up its like... wait why the fuck am i trying anymore. 
More or less its like you know i could waste my life looking or i could be doing things i want to.
I chose have fun and do things you like road rather than a drama filled one.

Code:
(July 21, 2015 at 8:46 pm)dyresand Wrote:

This had me thinking at my last break up its like... wait why the fuck am i trying anymore. 
More or less its like you know i could waste my life looking or i could be doing things i want to.
I chose have fun and do things you like road rather than a drama filled one.

And what's to say you won't find someone doing the things you enjoy? Surely the odds are you're more likely to meet someone you hit off with at a venue with like minded people?

You might be surprised, sometimes relationships can crop up when you least expect them. While I was studying I worked part time at a bookstore owned by ultra-conservative Christians and ended up after a few months into it slowly teasing their son and now also my partner out of the closet, which they're still mad over and cost me a pretty good student job. Tongue

It may sound strange but don't worry so much about it, sure dating sites are always an option but you might find such opportunities pop up of their own accord. If you're comfortable in how you are the rest follows, and while it might not even seem a good idea you may well still want to chase it up anyway.
I actually think looking for love makes it harder to find, because you're forcing it.

I said this in another post on a similar thread on this forum a while ago, but I'll repeat because it's relevant here. If you walk into the situation with your cards on the table making it clear you want a relationship, it won't happen. People are turned off by that, they just want to enjoy getting to know you and then, if it feels right, a relationship will happen naturally. Building a relationship takes time, you don't just meet someone, have 5 dates and call it love. It's a long match-making process and it takes time.

I'm 21 and I've never had a serious relationship. I dated guy after guy after guy looking for a relationship until what I just said hit me; people are turned off by the thought of commitment, they're not going to commit to something when they barely know you. You have to get to know people and see if you are compatible before anything like that is going to happen.

They're also turned off by baggage and lack of confidence. Nobody wants a relationship with someone they have to babysit and piece together, it's a romantic thought that we see in movies but it doesn't happen in real life. In reality, people are drawn to confident people who have their shit together.

I'm not really looking for a relationship now, because I got fed up of looking and I just want to work on myself and enjoy being free and un-attached. The irony... everyone suddenly took interest again once I started doing that, and it's because me being emotionally unavailable and focusing on myself is a more attractive me than a desperate clingy me.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coming upon a smashed $70K truck. Jehanne 6 628 December 26, 2022 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The transitioning of terms Foxaèr 4 374 October 29, 2022 at 7:40 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 2730 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
Last Post: brewer
  You knew this thread was coming. Foxaèr 42 3085 October 21, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  If we're on good terms... Foxaèr 31 3360 August 20, 2018 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The zombies are coming! Foxaèr 18 1948 May 21, 2018 at 10:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Coming to America Cyberman 49 4101 January 13, 2018 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Finding contractor(s) advice. brewer 24 5889 June 30, 2017 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Finding a nonreligious S/O parrotfish 25 1588 March 15, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What level of dominance/submission do you expect from a romantic partner? paulpablo 51 13978 February 13, 2017 at 6:08 am
Last Post: energizer bunny