Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Wonder Everyone Hates Landlords.
No Wonder Everyone Hates Landlords.
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/nyc-land...ge-anyway/

Quote:NYC landlord tries to reduce damages payment by saying Latino toddler wouldn’t go to college anyway

Quote:A federal judge rejected a Brooklyn landlord’s attempt to use a Latino child’s ethnicity to justify reducing his liability in a lead poisoning case, the reported.

Mark Kimpson’s attorney sought to reduce the $2 million awarded to the boy and his mother by a jury earlier this month, saying the child was less likely to attend college and earn a degree even if he had not been stricken by lead poisoning while living in the family’s Bedford-Stuyvesant apartment. Elevated levels of blood were found in his blood just after his first birthday.

Slimebag.
RE: No Wonder Everyone Hates Landlords.
That is not exactly a rare issue in the world of lawsuits.  For instance; flight 191 (downburst, water tanks not suburban Chicago trailer park) had a gay man on board and as I recall, the airlines attorneys argued he would have succumbed to AIDS and therefore the award for his death should be reduced.  

Angry
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Lawyers are a lower life form.
(July 31, 2015 at 10:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Lawyers are a lower life form.

Remember, if there was only one original replicator, then we're all exactly equally evolved.
There is no hierarchy of life.  It's more of a flat file.

But you're right.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
We are not all equally evolved.

[Image: stupid-christians.jpg]
(July 31, 2015 at 10:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: We are not all equally evolved.

Poetically and in my intuitive gut, I'll grant you that.
But in the sense that evolution has no preferred complexity or teleology, I'll stand on my, "We're all equally evolved," statement.
I'd like to see the scumbag have to make that argument - to a jury, before damages are awarded.
Don't blame them, American lawyers are just a product of your craptastically deranged legal system.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

They are the product of the platinum rule:

He who makes the rules, wins.

and its corollary:

They'd be damn fools if they didn't.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One Has To Wonder Minimalist 0 252 June 29, 2018 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  LoL, sometimes I wonder Foxaèr 3 458 May 2, 2018 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Losty
  Ever wonder what the admins of this site do in their super secret hidden forum? ErGingerbreadMandude 91 9731 January 10, 2018 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Do you guys ever wonder about..tge devil? ErGingerbreadMandude 67 6698 December 13, 2017 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Who else passionately hates rednecks? Mechaghostman2 39 2714 May 31, 2016 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Today is Stevie Wonder's Birthday Rhondazvous 6 1134 May 14, 2016 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  RE: Who Likes me Who Hates me BlackSwordsman 7 1134 May 9, 2014 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  who likes me ? why hates me? Marsellus Wallace 19 5140 May 9, 2014 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  We Hates the Dishes Precious.... Brayton.l 18 6839 April 21, 2013 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Brayton.l
  More proof god hates me zentor 56 16355 June 7, 2012 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious