Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what make you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
RE: This is what make you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
(September 18, 2015 at 5:48 am)Starvald Demelain Wrote: Fortunately I have weekdays off, so I'm content. Big Grin
Nope. That doesn't make me feel any better about it.
(September 17, 2015 at 9:25 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Isn't this basically the exact same system FO3 had?

It is, just with a few minor tweaks. I've read you won't start out with as many points to distribute(not sure how valid that is), and some of the attributes have new effects, like strength affecting your ability to craft weapons. Bethesda has said that the real changes come in the way of the new perk system.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 18, 2015 at 3:43 am)abaris Wrote: As far as I know, it's scheduled for november.

But being a Bethesda game, I give it a few more months until I buy it.

What games has Bethesda released that were buggy besides Skyrim? I don't play all of their titles, but the ones I have played have been pretty solid, except for Skyrim. And even that one can almost get a pass in my book, because the only bugs I encountered were extremely humorous, like people randomly falling from the sky.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 18, 2015 at 9:43 am)Faith No More Wrote: What games has Bethesda released that were buggy besides Skyrim?  I don't play all of their titles, but the ones I have played have been pretty solid, except for Skyrim.  And even that one can almost get a pass in my book, because the only bugs I encountered were extremely humorous, like people randomly falling from the sky.

Oblivion also wasn't top notch at release, as was Fallout 3. Also, in a general sense, Bethesda games do shine - but they shine brightest once the modding community has taken over. In fact, I can't really remember to have played a vanilla Bethesda game. And I bought them all two or three months after release or, when hard copies weren't all the rage anymore, on steam specials.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(September 18, 2015 at 9:48 am)abaris Wrote: Oblivion also wasn't top notch at release, as was Fallout 3. Also, in a general sense, Bethesda games do shine - but they shine brightest once the modding community has taken over. In fact, I can't really remember to have played a vanilla Bethesda game. And I bought them all two or three months after release or, when hard copies weren't all the rage anymore, on steam specials.

I don't remember noticing anything wrong with Oblivion and Fallout 3, but I may have tended to overlook that kind of thing more back then. I've also pretty much been exclusively a console peasant since about 2007, and even for those last few years, I really didn't play much on the PC. So, I never really got into any of the mods. That's part of the reason, however, that I'm so excited about Fallout 4, because they're bringing mod support to the consoles.

One of the main reasons I'm not too concerned about the quality of this game at launch has been Bethesda's whole approach to this game. They're making a highly anticipated sequel, and they chose to buck the trend of hyping a game 2-3 years before it will be ready. They even flat-out denied the existence of this game up until six months before they planned to release it, which means they weren't using up a bunch of resources creating demos and such. That's enough for me to get it at launch, but I refuse to pre-order games anymore.
Oblivion had a large number of bugs at release, many of which were fixed in subsequent official patches, and some which Bethesda never fixed, but were fixed by the missing community.
(September 18, 2015 at 11:12 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Oblivion had a large number of bugs at release, many of which were fixed in subsequent official patches, and some which Bethesda never fixed, but were fixed by the missing community.

And for this exact reason, Oblivion was the last game I ever preordered.
That was "modding" community. Damn autocorrect.

I did preorder Skyrim, but I had waited a long time after release to buy Oblivion, so by then the bugs were fixed. I don't recall encountering anything really game-breaking in Skyrim during my first playthrough (on subsequent ones, I did).

I haven't ordered Fallout 4 yet, but I probably will buy it at release, bugs and all.
(September 18, 2015 at 12:32 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I don't recall encountering anything really game-breaking in Skyrim during my first playthrough (on subsequent ones, I did).

To tell the truth, I was very dissapointed with Skyrim. Not so much because of bugs, though there were some hilarious ones, as can be seen in various youtube videos, but because you still ended up as John or Jane Doe whatever you did. I did expect quite a bit more in terms of a reactive world after Fallout 3. And Bethesda never were the best of storytellers. Their strength lies in open world design.
(September 18, 2015 at 1:20 pm)abaris Wrote: To tell the truth, I was very dissapointed with Skyrim. Not so much because of bugs, though there were some hilarious ones, as can be seen in various youtube videos, but because you still ended up as John or Jane Doe whatever you did. I did expect quite a bit more in terms of a reactive world after Fallout 3. And Bethesda never were the best of storytellers. Their strength lies in open world design.

I think Skyrim's biggest problem was that they hyped the shit out of that game. That's probably a huge factor as to why Bethesda held their cards so closely with Fallout 4.