Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts on heaven
My thoughts on heaven
Many people want to go to heaven but have you ever thought well once you got there and really took a good look around for a bit. It is supposedly a beautiful place with a beautiful scenery and by that logic it would be like that one place from the kid show my little  pony but really once you are there mind you if you had your free will wouldn't it be boring. I mean think about it the modern convinces we take for granted wouldn't exist in heaven neither will clothes for the most part. I mean it would be boring sure amazing for a few minutes but would get boring i mean no computer no cell phone no apps or games.  I mean you can worship god and talk to jesus or what ever but besides that it would be boring.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: My thoughts on heaven
The Christian concept of heaven is what many misconstrue as immortality in the flesh. The huge difference is that immortality in the flesh does not and cannot lead to boredom, due to the fact that advances are always being made and new things are always being created that would allow one to keep one's self entertained. The opposite cannot be stated for immortality in spirit form, for precisely what would there be to do except stand around in limbo for eternity? Early writers did not properly use their minds in creating the fictional place referred to as heaven.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Heaven could be fun for a while, assuming you had free will and could think and act for yourself. Unfortunately eventually you will have done everything that anyone could ever think of doing. Maybe it would take long enough that you forgot some thing you did a hundred years earlier, but who knows? eventually you would want to end it all. Immortality isn't very appealing, unless there's at least an off option at some point.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(November 2, 2015 at 5:33 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Heaven could be fun for a while, assuming you had free will and could think and act for yourself. Unfortunately eventually you will have done everything that anyone could ever think of doing. Maybe it would take long enough that you forgot some thing you did a hundred years earlier, but who knows? eventually you would want to end it all. Immortality isn't very appealing, unless there's at least an off option at some point.

If immortality is a real thing id rather it be a huge do over once you die you get a new body you don't remember anything of your previous life.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Sometimes I dream I am in a video game. I kind of hope in heaven we can play video games in the sense we are in it and acting the story out, even though we know it's not real. The same with massive multiplayer games, like we have a massive video game world, where it has a theme.

Like for example, Mechwarrior. Maybe we will be in giant robots even though we know none of it's real.
I'm glad heaven doesn't exist. Kind of pointless to go there to play video games when we've already got them here.
(November 2, 2015 at 5:41 pm)Evie Wrote: I'm glad heaven doesn't exist. Kind of pointless to go there to play video games when we've already got them here.

But what if they are way better in graphics, gameplay, etc :Tongue and umm you are in the game! Big Grin
Better than Age of Empires 2 even Shock

Wow.

In the book of Jude and somewhere in the ot, we are told of angels that abandoned heaven and married mortal women. These angels will be cast into hell for their sin.

Now think, what was it about their heavenly experience that was so dissatisfying that they preferred to be with human women? It’s like abandoning a seven course meal to go have a big mac attack.

We’re not even talking about the angels who rebelled with Satan. No matter what the reason for their rebellion, the bottom line is they were not happy.

If the beings who lived there weren’t happy, what makes us think we will be happy in a place we’ve never been?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
Ya'll better do your damndest to make your heaven here an now cause that's the only chance you're gonna get.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11012 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Is there free will in Heaven? zwanzig 54 4274 April 12, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  More thoughts about Immaculate Conception Graufreud 57 8356 July 31, 2018 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Eternity in Heaven - Scary? JairCrawford 47 5384 July 26, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5444 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Thoughts Lek 102 23496 October 16, 2017 at 10:05 am
Last Post: JackRussell
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 13556 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Why do Christians want to go to Heaven? Fake Messiah 52 18929 June 28, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Astonished
  "heaven" meme on facebook drfuzzy 34 7693 May 2, 2016 at 4:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Are there animals in heaven? Mermaid 53 8248 November 7, 2015 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus