Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Conversation with a Muslim
Hello Everyone, I had an interesting conversation with a Mulsim about their religion today. This person heavily stated how the first testament of Christianity and their views are very similar. The time of Moses. That was the real thing that God somehow imprinted wisdom on Moses or their prophet. They apparent don't believe the second testament but believes in Jesus.

I took a classic example of forgiveness. Admits that he misused women, lied, bribed, insubordination in office and more. After admitting the wrong actions he says after marriage that is all going to stop and Allah will forgive for the past due to it not being repeated. His example was how his mother forgives him for his wrong actions and Allah forgives him 73 times more than that of his mother. How come the exact number 73 times i asked him. " It is stated in the Quran".

Then came the conversation of killing animals. "A cow may reproduce more and more and it will be too crowded. Therefore it is alright to kill and consume because the land is going to be crowded with cows. I asked him when you try to kill a cow the animal shatters with fear and tries to run away, desperately cries, Is that correct? "Yes". Imagine someone or an animal comes after you to kill you wont you feel the same way? . Yes" . "But it is stated in a Quaran that God made animals for us and therefore it is alright to kill and consume. There is a way to kill the animal from the neck (According to the Quran) without pain. I have killed  myself"

Then came the conversation of the famous "Poke". I asked why only poke instead of the rest. " The pig was created by God with shit" that's the exact words he used. The pig eats its own shit and others shit. The filthiest creature in the world. Therefore we don't eat pork. It is said in the Quran.

I came to a conclusion that most Muslims "think" with the religion. If its not in the book , There is no other way. I told him about Robs idea on logic of two outcomes and other infinite possibilities unless one gives demonstration or evidence . But no. If its not in the Quran, There is no other way. Find paradise after death no matter what one does good or bad.

From where i come, No Muslim does fund raising projects or charity. From what i have heard even if they did, they will make sure only people from their religion will benefit.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Gautama Buddha
RE: Interesting Conversation with a Muslim
Muslims are dumb and Islam is a disgusting, backwards cult. What's new?
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Never trust anyone, who has an imaginary friend, ready to forgive them for any wrongdoings. I especially hate people, who think they can be c*nts and then make everything "alright" by forgiving themselves.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Of course a muslim believes what his religion tells him, that's what makes him a muslim.  You believe what your religion tells you as well, that's what makes you a buddhist. One religionist thinking that the other religionists are illogical, stupid, and uncharitable is the oldest story in the book. One religionist thinking his religion is better than the others...is just another chapter in that same book. "Hey, look at those stupids!", said the buddhist regarding the muslim, and the muslim regarding the christian, and the christistian regarding buddhist.

If you're going to be religious, and believe in silly religious things...what sense does it make to criticize others for the same?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Sir difference I see is I don't think with it. I don't live my life according to a book. Things I have learnt I question back and I practice it to see if it makes sense. You confuse Buddhism as a religion. It is a way of living.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Gautama Buddha
That's what the christians and muslims say, as well, "it's a way of life".   Clap

Do you mind if I ask whether you are a buddhist convert, or grew up a buddhist? I've been wondering whether to chalk these interactions of ours up as apologetic syncretism or the lingering effects of the faith of your father, as it were.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
They are ruled by the book. I am not. Sir I grew up a as a Buddhist.

EDIT : in the Buddhist books they say when Buddha was born 7 flowers appeared from nowhere. That he walked as an infant on those flowers. I believe that is exaggerated by the people. Those kind of things cannot happen. However if you asked a Christian "did Jesus really walk in water" most will say yes. The book is written on them like a bar code. The problem is when they are small all are asked not to question back. "Gods ways are things which we can't understand "
Apologetic syncretism it is, then.  Where did you learn your buddhism, that you live your life by? Take your afternoon tea /w the Buddha, do you? I'd hate to think that your religion -also- comes from a book........

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave...."
(November 18, 2015 at 7:33 am)miaharun Wrote: ... without pain. I have killed  myself"

(ripoutofcontxt)That suits these idiots perfectly Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Yes sir there was a book of Buddha s teachings. We had it when we were small and never really kept the book afterwards. To any Buddhist it will be just a book. We don't carry it around with us or read it. There are no rules and regulations like thou shall not

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense" - Buddha

That quote is a translation and there is a much broader meaning in Pali

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 4966 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2228 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1222 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1308 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4665 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3785 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 771 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1903 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If a muslim grows old, do they have to dye their hair? Ruckus123 5 914 April 16, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: yragnitup
  So if Muhammad had long hair why so many muslim male having short hair? Ruckus123 3 1163 April 12, 2018 at 7:07 am
Last Post: chimp3