Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 11:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's opinion of deformities
RE: God's opinion of deformities
(November 30, 2015 at 12:30 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(November 29, 2015 at 5:49 pm)Irrational Wrote: Foreshadows according to?

It seems you're taking the verse out of context because you're forcing a relationship between the OT and what is later taught in the NT.

How do you think that I am taking it out of context?

Read what you just quoted. I answered right there.
RE: God's opinion of deformities
(November 29, 2015 at 4:28 am)robvalue Wrote: That is a very sad story Sad

They forget, all the time, that God plays all sides. If the rules are set up so that the best way for them to "learn something" is through making a deformed baby which suffers and dies, then he made the rules that way. He could have just as easily made it so they learnt the same lesson in a way that involved no suffering for anyone.

Unless of course, he didn't make the rules at all.

As a living prop for such a lesson, I can't help but laugh. My family certainly isn't better off in a tangible sense due to my disability. Regarding our character, well, we have nothing to compare to because I've been disabled since birth and time is linear. There are no versions of reality with a different me (or no me at all) that I can observe. And I can't simply go on faith that my disability is necessary simply because, like you say, this god creature purportedly has the ability/power to drive home any lesson it wants without suffering, but chooses not to.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your opinion on Liberal Religion? vulcanlogician 121 6370 December 14, 2021 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19311 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  What should replace Pascal's wager in my opinion. Mystic 34 16596 August 29, 2012 at 4:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Religion or Contrast? (Your opinion) Mr Camel 14 5638 November 20, 2009 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: fr0d0