Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you cooking/eating for Thanksgiving?
What are you cooking/eating for Thanksgiving?
I'm brining my Turkey now, making my world famous collard greens, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes/gravy, stuffing, and maybe an apple pie.

There's a turkey in there...
[Image: 23223282731_fbf033c5da_z.jpg]
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: What are you cooking/eating for Thanksgiving?
Dude tell me thats not in a Glad garbage bag....

Sounds amazing!

We are going to my wife's Aunt and Uncles for a traditional Thanksgiving feast tomorrow evening, but from 10:00AM - 3:00PM we are serving Thanksgiving meals to the homeless at a shelter in Detroit.
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
(November 25, 2015 at 2:49 pm)Kingpin Wrote: Dude tell me thats not in a Glad garbage bag....

It is!

The solution that is inside that bag smells so awful. Its cilantro and lemon/orange juice and onions and jalapenos and garlic and cumin and like A 1/2 lb of kosher salt.

But you will never taste a more juicy, savory bird.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I always have my favorite food on Thanksgiving: Four-cheese lasagna! There will be turkey but it will be for the cats. They love it like I love my lasagna.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Probably cheeseburgers.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Your mom's pus- uh, I mean Turkey maybe. What date is thanksgiving again?
'Every notice how you never seem to get laid on Thanksgiving? I think it's because all the coats are on the bed.' - George Carlin

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Hmmm, Thanksgiving is mostly Kitty's gig. I know we're doing an herb-rubbed fresh turkey breast, mashed taters & gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, brussels sprouts, salad and rolls. I think she's doing some kind of pie or cobbler for dessert.

I'm making the homemade stuffing this year - I'll making two kinds: one with sausage and mushrooms, the other with sausage, apple, fennel, and cranberries.
Turkey, lamb fry stuffing, mashed tades/gravey, scalloped corn, parsnip puree, dinner rolls, apple pie, punkin pie, (Cool Whip optional).
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 25, 2015 at 2:57 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(November 25, 2015 at 2:49 pm)Kingpin Wrote: Dude tell me thats not in a Glad garbage bag....

It is!

The solution that is inside that bag smells so awful. Its cilantro and lemon/orange juice and onions and jalapenos and garlic and cumin and like A 1/2 lb of kosher salt.

But you will never taste a more juicy, savory bird.

Recipe? Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Thanksgiving MR. Macabre 666 10 686 November 23, 2023 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Happy Thanksgiving!! Jehanne 42 3165 November 28, 2021 at 5:37 am
Last Post: J a c k
  Thanksgiving Eats brewer 36 1836 November 19, 2021 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Cooking vs Restaurants Spongebob 107 5427 September 19, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Andrew Zimmern, "What's Eating America".. Brian37 36 3648 February 17, 2020 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Cooking Tips BrianSoddingBoru4 64 2829 November 13, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What's cooking, good-looking? Mr.Obvious 45 2273 April 3, 2019 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Happy Thanksgiving! Jehanne 12 911 November 23, 2018 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  What are you cooking/eating right now? Joods 1249 72075 December 18, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner? Joods 85 10178 November 24, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Whateverist