Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Episode VII (spoilers)
Episode VII (spoilers)
I'm not going to start with spoilers but I think their needs to be a support group for fans.. Has anyone else seen the movie yet?
RE: Episode VII (spoilers)
I haven't. Is it that bad? What's the basic plot?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

It is friggen awesome!

Basically it's 30 years later, and the republic has taken over as the galaxy's core government. This time the separatist movement is the first order, they are the reminants of the empire. Han and Leigh have a kid who is a real a hole. He trains with Luke for a while but turns to the dark side. He and a handful of others run the first order, under the 'supreme leader.' All of which is very nazi like. (More so than the original). In the movie poster you see a Death Star type of orb, well it turns out it is a planet, that does not have the same thermal exhaust port the original Death Star had, so this thing does not go like the first two did. A very high price was paid to "save the day" this time around...

This movie feels right all the way through. I thought Lucas' last 3 were 'forced' the actors the plot line all of it. This movie have an awesome ebb and flow to it plus again it felt like a proper Star Wars film.

I guess that is what happens when a real fans get to make the ultimate fan movie. Their is love in what these people are doing, and it pours out on screen.

If you read the books of the 80s and 90s you should have a basic direction the film is headed, but Abrams is definatly putting his own spin on things.
One of the things I would have done differently, was if I were Abrams I would have put Han in another greedo situation and had him shoot first just to set the friggen record straight!
Going to see it tomorrow or Saturday. Some big mouth told me.....

True, yes?
(December 18, 2015 at 1:46 am)Thena323 Wrote: Going to see it tomorrow or Saturday. Some big mouth told me.....

True, yes?

One of the thing I absolutely love about Abram's movies is his ability to update the original look and tech from an original series or movie like star trek/wars and make what was hokey look more modern and believable. It was all the little things he up dated like the falcon's gunnery scope display screen, or the way the tie fighter manipulated their gunnery controls, it was all the same and when you looked at what the gunner saw you saw a believable display that paid much respect to what lucas originally did.

Spoiler

I really liked it myself. I pretty much agree with everything you said!
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(December 18, 2015 at 2:47 pm)Drich Wrote: One of the thing I absolutely love about Abram's movies is his ability to update the original look and tech from an original series or movie like star trek/wars and make what was hokey look more modern and believable. 

Speaking of which, I believe Abrams directed the first 2 installments of the Star Trek reboot. He didn't direct Star Trek: Beyond, but did produce it. Trailer's getting mixed reactions, but I will be there on opening day...Hell or high water.

(December 18, 2015 at 3:09 pm)TheRealJoeFish Wrote: I really liked it myself. I pretty much agree with everything you said!

Any parts that stand out as great moments or really bother you?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not sure where to post this old episode of "Alice" Brian37 14 606 June 5, 2021 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 343 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
Video Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 357 65792 January 28, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Do not watch the movie, "The Arrival" because it is pro-life propaganda. {Spoilers} Foxaèr 21 5025 February 6, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 765 53816 August 15, 2016 at 4:45 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Game of Thrones Season 5 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 588 85824 May 13, 2016 at 1:48 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Superman versus Batman -- SPOILERS! Jehanne 3 875 April 16, 2016 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Vikings Discussion (Possible Spoilers) Jericho 10 2218 May 29, 2015 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Epsoide vii and Kevin smith Drich 8 1748 November 16, 2014 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Alex K
Tongue THIS is a "manic episode" My imaginary friend is GOD 2 922 April 15, 2014 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: max-greece