Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua?
RE: If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua?
Does the Koran say how large the moon is? Ancient people thought that the stars were tiny specks of light.
(February 4, 2016 at 6:25 pm)Constable Dorfl Wrote:
(February 4, 2016 at 6:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Here you can buy the series online here. Or at a Target or Walmart store or Best Buy, or E-Bay or Amazon.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=ch...me+odyssey

I'm guessing sheed comes from one of those countries where even thinking about possessing an item which disproves the quran gets one's head chopped off. It would explain why he is repeating the same old tired lies about quranic scientificity even after a good number of us have shown to him slowly, patiently and in simple language exaxtly why they are lies.

Well, if that is the case then, I certainly would not want my fellow human to get themselves murdered by right wing nutcases. But I don't think they are, those theocracies even the more moderate parts of the east frown upon pages and sites that "blaspheme" or "offend".

My guess is they are either in a more moderate part of Asia or have migrated to Europe or the UK. Shit, even China and North Korea would ban a site like this.

Yea Sheed, in all seriousness, don't take risks in viewing things from the west if it is going to risk your physical safety. Yes, I am giving you a hard time, not because I hate you, but because I think you can do far better with modern view of the world.
Quote:http://www.yeatsvision.com/phases.html

What is this? I thought we were talking modern science here, not poetry or archaic knowledge ...

Quote:http://www.universetoday.com/65588/what-...-is-water/

And this? It says that "water makes up about 71% of the Earth’s surface, while the other 29% consists of continents and islands". The word "about" is not a synonym of "exactly". Plus, these are estimates, not 100% accurate measurements, so some sources say 71% for water, while other sources say 72%. Either way, you argued for exact values, and so you're wrong as a result.
(January 18, 2016 at 7:47 pm)ReptilianPeon Wrote: Allah already knows what will happen and it's all part of a grand scheme. So why make Dua (supplementary prayers)? 

Because Allah says so. Really, it's that simple. 

Allah tells us Muslims to pray five times a day, give Zakat, fast, etc. Dua is just one more item in this list, why should it be treated any differently?

As of why Dua sometimes seems as if it has no effect, there are many answers to that, two important points, though:

1. If I don't perceive any immediate or even long-term tangible effect of my supplementary prayer, it doesn't follow that my Dua doesn't have any effect. Any objection to supplementary prayer is prima facie arguing from ignorance.

2. Imagine two people praying for two logically contradictory things to happen, let's say A prays that his favorite player will succeed at a penalty shot, while B prays he misses the shot. It's clear that A and B can't both be happy once the outcome of the penalty kick is known. An omnipotent God can't instantiate what's logically impossible. This mundane example shows that many of our prayers may in fact be simple logical impossibilities, and we're not aware of it.
John says you should send me fifty bucks. It's that simple.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
No answer to what's above!
(February 26, 2022 at 9:55 pm)Klorophyll Wrote:
(January 18, 2016 at 7:47 pm)ReptilianPeon Wrote: Allah already knows what will happen and it's all part of a grand scheme. So why make Dua (supplementary prayers)? 

Because Allah says so. Really, it's that simple. 

[Image: magic-shit.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Malaysian convenience store owner charged over 'Allah socks' zebo-the-fat 4 85 March 26, 2024 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] Killing Allah by one topic Eclectic 16 1718 December 11, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
Rainbow Allah is ENERGY Mahdi Ibrahim 232 14720 March 8, 2019 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: DarthFritz82
  Allah's punishment for atheist & non believers yragnitup 62 12646 June 11, 2018 at 6:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Allah's Anatomy & Emotions yragnitup 20 3215 June 6, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: yragnitup
  Athists & Infidels - Grab Allah's offer before its too late yragnitup 39 5330 March 27, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
Star and I will command them so they will change the creation of Allah. WinterHold 0 573 December 8, 2017 at 3:10 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  RAMADAN: wonder how many girl MUTILATIONS were done in the name of Allah? 21stCenturyIconoclast! 13 5053 June 27, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Again, allah seems to need a lot of help Minimalist 6 1933 June 11, 2017 at 10:46 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Allah cares which Emjois you use: Let's find out which ones are Haram ReptilianPeon 3 952 August 21, 2016 at 4:12 am
Last Post: account_inactive