Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What OS are you using?
RE: What OS are you using?
(January 22, 2016 at 8:17 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Win10 has definitely settled down for me.
Like 7 but faster boot as mentioned.

Is there an easy way to dual boot win10 and Linux these days.
Someone remind me again why I need Linux? I forgot.

If you just want to experiment with linux, run it in a virtual machine (VM) like Virtual Box.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 22, 2016 at 8:17 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Win10 has definitely settled down for me.
Like 7 but faster boot as mentioned.

Is there an easy way to dual boot win10 and Linux these days.
Someone remind me again why I need Linux? I forgot.

It's free, does not report back to microsoft what you are doing, can be configured to work the way you want it Wink
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

At the moment Windows 7 on my lappy and gaming machine, ubuntu server on my home server. Normally I'd have some variation of Linux dual booting on the lappy as I like to try new distros when they get released.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
(January 22, 2016 at 7:03 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(January 22, 2016 at 7:01 pm)Evie Wrote: I've never installed Windows either, all the computers I have ever had have had a copy of Windows pre-installed on them.

I've installed Windows numerous times for friends. It's definitely a bigger pain in the arse than Linux installs.

Don't you just love rebooting and running windows update like 6 times?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
I'm not sure. Whatever operating system came with this machine is the one I'm using.

I have a very meticulous method of buying computers. First, I make a list of what I want, in terms of RAM. ROM, REM, monitor size, keyboard colour, etc. I write ALL of this down on the back of an envelope so I'll be sure not to forget anything. Then, I trundle my way over to Big Jim's House O' Data and gain the attention of one of the sales people. I immediately crumple my list into a tight little ball, close my eye, and fling it as hard as I possibly can in a random direction. I find the computer closest to where the ball landed and tell the clerk, 'I'll have that one, please.'

This usually turns out surprisingly well, except for the time I tried to buy the cash register.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
My Ubuntu VM seems to be freezing constantly, going to remove that and replace it with Linux Mint.
(January 19, 2016 at 3:41 am)Bella Morte Wrote:
(January 19, 2016 at 3:37 am)Evie Wrote: Windows 7

Yikes! Bad Evie!

Windows sucks.

Oh my God.

BLASPHEMY! Angry
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Ubuntu 15.10
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Windows 10.
undefined
(February 2, 2016 at 9:11 am)Dystopia Wrote: Ubuntu 15.10

Are you encountering random freezing during browsing and at shutdown? A lot of users seem to be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using BabelJS FlatAssembler 11 770 May 14, 2021 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Using drones to watch on crime? Fake Messiah 32 2556 September 17, 2019 at 8:32 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Using SSDs for dual boot systems emjay 9 1396 November 8, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Nothing annoys me quite like linux and using OSS tools KevinM1 12 2058 January 24, 2015 at 12:59 am
Last Post: KevinM1