Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somebody born in space (e.g. on Mars) csn never conduct Hajj or Umrah
Somebody born in space (e.g. on Mars) csn never conduct Hajj or Umrah
Just putting it out there. The gravity on the Earth would be too much for their bones and muscles. I know the Quran says only able bodied people should go to Mecca, but I think Martian humans would be very insulted if you were to calm them disabled just to save your religion.

RE: Somebody born in space (e.g. on Mars) csn never conduct Hajj or Umrah
(February 13, 2016 at 8:38 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Just putting it out there. The gravity on the Earth would be too much for their bones and muscles. I know the Quran says only able bodied people should go to Mecca, but I think Martian humans would be very insulted if you were to calm them disabled just to save your religion.

I agree with you on that. When we colonize mars religion should die and be the end of it.
But yeah it is very insulting to claim that.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Yeah not only that, your fasting will be all messed up, closer to home, on Luna. On side always faces the Earth so you have no sunrise or sunset. Yet more proof Muhammad was just a man of his time and nothing more.

(February 13, 2016 at 8:38 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Just putting it out there. The gravity on the Earth would be too much for their bones and muscles. I know the Quran says only able bodied people should go to Mecca, but I think Martian humans would be very insulted if you were to calm them disabled just to save your religion.

Hmmm... How about we send Mecca to Mars, together with all the muslims?  Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(February 13, 2016 at 9:00 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Yeah not only that, your fasting will be all messed up, closer to home, on Luna. On side always faces the Earth so you have no sunrise or sunset. Yet more proof Muhammad was just a man of his time and nothing more.

Earth won't appear to move very much in the lunar sky from a colony on the near side, but that colony will experience a sunrise and sunset every month.

A challenge for the early lunar landers we sent was the desire of the scientists for them to survive the roughly 2 week night time with no (solar) power available (and the resultant extreme cold too) and then be able to reactivate when the sun rose (and then to also survive the extreme heat).
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Someone whose ancesters evolved enough to fly theselves to Mars to give him birth would have a hard time unevolving himself enough in one generation to become a howling baboon back on earth.

So what's your point?
Indeed.

And if I was in charge of the "Galactic Federation" and noticed earthers exporting religion(s), I'd nuke the colonies, and maybe earth too . . .

just to be sure.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 13, 2016 at 12:42 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Someone whose ancesters evolved enough to fly theselves to Mars to give him birth would have a hard time unevolving himself enough in one generation to become a howling baboon back on earth.

So what's your point?

Some people from the Ummah are present on this forum and we need to be mindful of that. I care that they should not hold incorrect beliefs about the world. They might not de-convert straight away, but the idea is to get them to question their religion. De-conversion is often a slow process.

What happens if you just circle the Kaaba in a helicopter or something? Does it still count?
What if you only go round six times? Do you just get 85.714% of the benefits?
What if you sort of hop a bit on the third turn, or stand on a sharp pebble and can't continue?
If you go round clockwise five times and counter-clockwise twelve, does that equal the regulation seven times counter-clockwise?
What if you walk round the Kaaba seven times counter-clock wise but from a distance of, say, three hundred yards away? Does that still count? No? What about two hundred and fifty yards?

And more generally, if you don't face exactly towards Mecca when praying, is that bad? What if you're only 10 degrees out? Is that OK? What about 11 degrees?

Please don't think I'm insulting Islam especially: I make a point to insult all religions equally. I'll get onto Hinduism in my next life.
I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty.
(February 13, 2016 at 9:00 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Yeah not only that, your fasting will be all messed up, closer to home, on Luna. On side always faces the Earth so you have no sunrise or sunset. Yet more proof Muhammad was just a man of his time and nothing more.

Yep since day on mars like 24 hours and 40 minutes. When i think over it Muhammad was just a very smart conman for him to say he cut the moon in half he probably knew the mood goes through phases and said he did that.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 2977 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Quranic Reflection]: the Hajj. WinterHold 99 12829 August 2, 2021 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  [Quranic Reflection]: Water came from space as NASA said WinterHold 87 10848 December 20, 2019 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  calculating the carbon footprint of Hajj Duty 5 700 November 4, 2018 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Never call other humans disbelievers! Mystic 42 5791 October 29, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Did humanity ignore this as it was never mentioned? WinterHold 41 8707 July 21, 2017 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: Vast Vision
  Voices in space. WinterHold 16 2646 February 16, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Vaccinations are Haram apparently, and Muhammadans never get AIDS... ReptilianPeon 1 858 December 27, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  You're born fucked: what are you going to do about it? WinterHold 16 2238 August 18, 2016 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  OP ED RANT! Never accuse me of this. Brian37 62 12257 February 21, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Brian37