Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence and causes for doubt
RE: Evidence and causes for doubt
well, I must be a mystic too. We all don't play by the same rules, so peace through superior fire power only has to win a few days out of the year. Or months out of a life time. Of course that implies used properly. so that leaves me out.

if we exist, its not possible for it not to exist. Of course I am not talking about omni dude, I don't know what traits it has past what humans can know; really. And we don't know much.
anti-logical Fallacies of Ambiguity
Comet... Good to see your comments starting to make sense....
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Evidence and causes for doubt
(March 8, 2016 at 5:05 pm)TubbyTubby Wrote: I was just about to say you may regret asking that...

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

LOL, just about as soon as my finger pushed the "send" button.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Asking me what would make me believe there is a God is like asking me what would make me believe the Earth is flat or that sky is a blanket (something else that both Bible & Koran claims to be true) and the answer is nothing, because it's not how the world functions.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2380 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3101 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1567 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4545 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 7393 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2716 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1014 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 2508 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Search for Causes Lek 202 14549 January 9, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Evidence for Believing Lek 368 49153 November 14, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII