Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Spell Check.
Stupid Spell Check.
Ok, I think it is fantastic for horrible spellers like me that the words are underlined to make me feel stupid enough to google them so I can find the correct spelling. But I don't google a word if I don't get a red line under it. 

But damn it, for weeks now I have been spelling it "Mien" Kampf" and when I type "Mien" it DOES NOT give me a red line, but when I spell it "Mein" correctly it does. I've been using this meme for weeks to poke fun of Mein Drumpf. So why is my spell checker doing this?

And also when Kampf it also does the same thing.
RE: Stupid Spell Check.
Because the spell checker is looking for English words. 'Mien' is an English word, 'Mein' and 'Kampf' are not.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 20, 2016 at 8:02 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Because the spell checker is looking for English words.  'Mien' is an English word, 'Mein' and 'Kampf' are not.

Boru

Ugggggg. See again, I really  do try to spell correctly. If I had staff to check my work, I would so do that. But I don't get paid a dime for it. You can be good at ideas and certain things and suck at other things. I've seen the smartest college professors with the messiest office. I think presentation in public is important, but if all someone is doing is hearing it and not reading it, they cant hear your spelling mistakes.

I have promised myself that if I ever luck out and manage to be able to pay my bills with my opinion and poetry, most certainly would I have a staff. I really have hated that I am a horrible speller. But I also wont live my life in fear of being imperfect. I think context matters. There is a huge difference between being a no name and being in the public eye. Yes everyone SHOULD do their best to spell correctly, and I do love that annoying red line, because it helps me, but right now that is all I have.
Also when a word is underlined in red, instead of googling it, right click on it and the correct word will appear in a drop down menu.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I halve a spelling checker,
It came with my pea see.
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I dew knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait aweigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the era rite
Its rarely ever wrong.
I halve scent this massage threw it,
And I'm shore your pleased too no
Its letter prefect in every weigh
My checker tolled me sew.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
You can add to dictionary if you right click, and then select 'add to dictionary'
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
You might want to add can't and won't.
Clearly your spell checker has a very positive attitude to omit these words. :-)
(March 20, 2016 at 7:52 am)Brian37 Wrote: Ok, I think it is fantastic for horrible spellers like me that the words are underlined to make me feel stupid enough to google them so I can find the correct spelling. But I don't google a word if I don't get a red line under it. 

But damn it, for weeks now I have been spelling it "Mien" Kampf" and when I type "Mien" it DOES NOT give me a red line, but when I spell it "Mein" correctly it does. I've been using this meme for weeks to poke fun of Mein Drumpf. So why is my spell checker doing this?

I'm sure it is that fucker Drumpf's fault.
(March 20, 2016 at 9:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(March 20, 2016 at 7:52 am)Brian37 Wrote: Ok, I think it is fantastic for horrible spellers like me that the words are underlined to make me feel stupid enough to google them so I can find the correct spelling. But I don't google a word if I don't get a red line under it. 

I'm sure it is that fucker Drumpf's fault.

Yes, I am a com u nest, every ting is Yankee's falt.
You don't have a clue how it works, so Spell Check is stupid? smh&lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alert Survival Check-in Foxaèr 21 1004 October 5, 2023 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Stupid Cousin question of the day. Gawdzilla Sama 4 445 December 12, 2020 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  What will you spend your stimulus check on? onlinebiker 28 2364 March 27, 2020 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  When someone says something really stupid. Cod 8 1525 July 28, 2019 at 7:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Tool Background Check onlinebiker 15 945 December 31, 2018 at 9:22 am
  Stupid shit you've seen. Gawdzilla Sama 44 5598 December 26, 2018 at 9:57 am
  Stupid Sayings brewer 52 2853 October 12, 2018 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2167 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Stupid humans & risk taking Brian37 20 4091 March 25, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: rskovride
  Have you ever said or done really stupid things on purpose just to feel less empty? Edwardo Piet 21 2096 October 14, 2017 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet