Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skyrim Upgrade :D
RE: Skyrim Upgrade :D
(June 14, 2016 at 10:25 am)abaris Wrote:
(June 14, 2016 at 10:22 am)Redbeard The Pink Wrote: I have it for PS3, but I've been wanting to throw a PC rig together for a while now. Looks like I better get on that.

You do that. There's a gazillon mods out there that make the game so much better.

The upcoming Special Edition has mod support according to (sources).

I'm not super excited about the announcement - though I certainly will keep playing if I get a free upgrade. This is probably the last Xbox 360 title that keeps me from getting rid of the 360. I have too many consoles and I want to thin the herd (P.S. Fuck you Sony, for not providing for meaningful backwards compatibility in the PS4).
(June 14, 2016 at 10:38 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: The upcoming Special Edition has mod support according to (sources).

I'm not super excited about the announcement - though I certainly will keep playing if I get a free upgrade.  This is probably the last Xbox 360 title that keeps me from getting rid of the 360.  I have too many consoles and I want to thin the herd (P.S. Fuck you Sony, for not providing for meaningful backwards compatibility in the PS4).

That's probably the main reason why I never even considered getting a console. You're never fully in charge of your piece of hardware. The manufacturer decides what's being uploaded.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I have most game systems and I'm Playstation all the way. I only own X box stuff because Fable is only on them. I use my ps4 for everything and my ps3 is still used daily as well.
(June 14, 2016 at 11:14 am)abaris Wrote:
(June 14, 2016 at 10:38 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: The upcoming Special Edition has mod support according to (sources).

I'm not super excited about the announcement - though I certainly will keep playing if I get a free upgrade.  This is probably the last Xbox 360 title that keeps me from getting rid of the 360.  I have too many consoles and I want to thin the herd (P.S. Fuck you Sony, for not providing for meaningful backwards compatibility in the PS4).

That's probably the main reason why I never even considered getting a console. You're never fully in charge of your piece of hardware. The manufacturer decides what's being uploaded.

Yeah, that is true. I got very tired of the upgrade treadmill in PC gaming. I really don't want a desktop PC any longer, and laptops suitable for gaming are quite expensive and generally underpowered to begin with (see previous note about upgrade treadmill).

Vive la différence and all that.
(June 14, 2016 at 2:27 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I really don't want a desktop PC any longer, and laptops suitable for gaming are quite expensive and generally underpowered to begin with (see previous note about upgrade treadmill).

Mine cost 300 Euros and I can play FO4 at medium high with it. You know, one of the positives of consoles is that you don't have to do any better than their hardware. Games are developed with consoles in mind, and so the upgrade hype is a thing of the past.
(June 14, 2016 at 3:05 pm)abaris Wrote:
(June 14, 2016 at 2:27 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I really don't want a desktop PC any longer, and laptops suitable for gaming are quite expensive and generally underpowered to begin with (see previous note about upgrade treadmill).

Mine cost 300 Euros and I can play FO4 at medium high with it. You know, one of the positives of consoles is that you don't have to do any better than their hardware. Games are developed with consoles in mind, and so the upgrade hype is a thing of the past.

Your what cost 300 euros?
(June 14, 2016 at 3:07 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Your what cost 300 euros?

My rig, as it stands here on my desk.
(June 14, 2016 at 3:09 pm)abaris Wrote:
(June 14, 2016 at 3:07 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Your what cost 300 euros?

My rig, as it stands here on my desk.

What CPU / GPU are you using?
(June 14, 2016 at 3:11 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: What CPU / GPU are you using?

AMD A8-6600 quad, 3,9 GHZ, 8 Gigs Ram.

Geforce GTX 650ti

t'was the last years model when I bought it. But it's the same as with cars. Last years model is good enough for another five years.
(June 14, 2016 at 3:15 pm)abaris Wrote:
(June 14, 2016 at 3:11 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: What CPU / GPU are you using?

AMD A8-6600 quad, 3,9 GHZ, 8 Gigs Ram.

Geforce GTX 650ti

t'was the last years model when I bought it. But it's the same as with cars. Last years model is good enough for another five years.

Interesting, because the 650ti alone is nearly 300 USD over here.

I'd say you got a hell of a deal.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Skyrim: Empire vs Stormcloak discussion. Chad32 14 1630 August 1, 2019 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Chad32
  BOTW vs. Skyrim Mechaghostman2 7 1784 June 19, 2019 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Chad32
Heart Skyrim Fenix 10 3837 January 18, 2014 at 2:03 am
Last Post: null--69
  Skyrim's been out a while. Violet 188 61979 September 10, 2013 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Skyrim thesummerqueen 19 4460 March 24, 2013 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Mystical
  New Skyrim DLC Napoléon 86 35381 September 25, 2012 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Reforged
  Skyrim Countdown R-e-n-n-a-t 183 52649 January 17, 2012 at 2:23 pm