Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHats a unheard of sport
WHats a unheard of sport
a real one, I probably never heard of..

I do not consider Soccer a sport. It is a game. and it is a professional game played by athletes, but it is not a sport.
Football, americanskii, is a sport, but it isn't a game. likewise played by athletes.

Therefor,
since rugby and soccer and basketball are the only real team sports I can think of I am searching for others.

cricket and baseball do not qualify, despite the involvement of regulations, athletes and a field.

volley ball is a sport.. But I am looking for something exotic, foreign, rare, potentially new...
baffle me
RE: WHats a unheard of sport
Aussie Rules

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_rules_football
Dying to live, living to die.
No clue what you just said, but if I ever invaded St. Maarten or some other such country, I might create a league for American-style football that doesnn't have the 4-down limit, and awards 1 point for a touchdown and nine points for a conversion (totalling 10).
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Your last name isn't Killingsworth, is it?
I heard of ausie rules. but I don't know how to identify it. thanks.
(July 12, 2016 at 12:23 am)Complidudaaldo Wrote: I do not consider Soccer Football a sport. It is a game. and it is a professional game played by athletes, but it is not a sport.

1. It's not soccer, it's football.

2 it's a fucking sport.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdktf6ZepI0
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(July 12, 2016 at 12:29 am)Bella Morte Wrote:
Quote:I do not consider Soccer Football a sport. It is a game. and it is a professional game played by athletes, but it is not a sport.

1. It's not soccer, it's football.

2 it's a fucking sport.

damn skippy!

Define "sport"
Define "game"

You seem to have completely arbitrary definitions for these two words. Until you clear this up, I choose not to engage in this farce. Indubitably
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Bella morte. you wanna bank on it?

what is the difference between a Game and a Sport? it isn't athletes, rules, setting, money or physical expenditure. It's the parameters of the task.
what does a sport have that a game doesn't, or what a sport has that a game doesn't. that is what we are looking at.

game = material accomplishment
sport = spiritual accomplishment.

fight an Odinist about it.
+it is a perplexing experience

American football is not a material experience. Or your head is not in the game. and your out of personal experiences are an element of spirituality in actuality. the experience demands it of you, and you're simply dressed and on the field otherwise. IN soccer your not playing if your in your head.

fools, monkeys and unsportsmanlike players do get paid to participate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ok sports fans, no matter the sport........ Brian37 7 507 December 12, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The most boring Sport? British_Atheist 23 6633 June 21, 2010 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Caecilian
  Golf, anyone playing that "sport"? Giff 13 4573 November 9, 2009 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist