Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 8:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christ was crazy
Christ was crazy
A friend of my sister once told us a funny story about her spouse. He's a British and once they were in our country for easter. As I mentioned in another topic, almost everything about religon in my country is spoken in a strange ancient version of my language. So, when religious people greet each other for easter, they say something that roughly translates as "christ was risen". However, since it's ancient Bulgarian which makes it even more incomprehensible for foreigners, her spouse was listening to this greeting for a while, then he asked "Do they really say "christ was crazy"?". Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

So from now on I know how I'm gonna tease believers on easter - instead of their ancient Bulgarian version, I'm gonna say "christ was crazy". Big Grin Big Grin

Speaking of that - have you ever heard any strange or twisted versions of a religious greeting? Even better if it's a funny one.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
RE: Christ was crazy
Christ was also crazy to think His 'followers' were not going to edit the shit out of his teachings.

Wonder how Christian Biblical Literalism plays in Bulgaria ?? 'Spose they lock people up for that ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Idk what "biblical literalism" is and wikipedia's explanation didn't make any clearer, so... Undecided
Biblical literalism is when people think everything in the bible literally happened as it was written. Pretty crazy to think.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The believers do think everything in the bible was a real story (facepalm) but people aren't being locked away for thinking so. Altough that sounds like a good idea to sort out the crazy ones from the normal people. Probably half of the Bulgarians don't believe in this shit. Or, if they do, they just say the believe in something - not exactly a god. But they all (believers) have one thing in common - they do think all the fairy tales in the bible did happen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yes. He Was A Crazy Bastard. Minimalist 0 194 August 13, 2018 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Cheez-its Christ LadyForCamus 2 232 August 6, 2018 at 12:09 pm
  The True Tale of How Jesus Christ Got His Name Edwardo Piet 9 1201 October 15, 2017 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Jesus Fucking Christ !!! vorlon13 3 1033 August 9, 2017 at 9:59 pm
  Crazy shit in Australia KUSA 12 2098 December 6, 2016 at 7:26 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, WATDAFUQ ?! (terlet probs) vorlon13 47 3770 May 29, 2016 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Godstuff - The funniest TV series exposing Crazy preachers on tv Heat 6 1522 December 2, 2015 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: Reforged
Tongue Made a jesus fucking christ tshirt Jolnir 5 1447 January 2, 2015 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Jesus H. Christ vorlon13 33 3718 September 17, 2014 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Elskidor
  Crazy Life BrokenQuill92 1 643 June 15, 2014 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: ShaMan