Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you cut a cake fairly to solve this middle school math problem?
RE: Can you cut a cake fairly to solve this middle school math problem?
I actually found a better way to divide the cake (that is, if you like cake). Just google "full moon, half moon, total eclipse" for the method.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(August 7, 2017 at 1:01 am)Nymphadora Wrote: While everyone stands around a big white board, drawing schematics and diagrams of how to properly divide the cake Losty made, Nymphadora and her epic stealth skills quickly and cunningly removes said cake from the counter, grabs two forks and two bottles of wine, along with Losty and we sneak out the back door to the deck, where we each grab a seat at the table, facing the house. We each take up a fork and a bottle of wine and laugh heartily at the fools inside who are still bickering about how to cut the cake, and we consume said cake - all without a feeling of guilt because we are women with cake and wine and we are invincible!

And a lot smarter than the men still inside, arguing about the now eaten cake.

Beat me to it. But my evil deed was going to be using some round device to cut the cake into a circle, make 5 radial cuts, and abscond with the rest. If it's chocolate frosting, my eyes will be spinning in different directions from the sugar and theobromine overload.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
LOL... Nice one.

Personally, I think the cake tasted awesome. The wine was good too, but the company - now that was the best part of the whole night!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Math game Fake Messiah 47 3177 October 14, 2023 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  [Serious] What are your overall opinions on people who are idiots in math? Gentle_Idiot 41 5272 December 18, 2022 at 11:02 am
Last Post: polymath257
  I hate math Woah0 5 1021 September 25, 2022 at 5:10 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  A mathematical problem I can't seem to get Mathematica to auto solve. highdimensionman 6 1082 May 22, 2022 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  How to solve this equation? FlatAssembler 51 4895 April 7, 2022 at 7:20 am
Last Post: brewer
  Math problem that is driving the Internet crazy GrandizerII 49 6896 April 27, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  Explain the Math - Must Be Rocket Scientist to Participate. T0 Th3 M4X 13 1896 December 3, 2018 at 7:21 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Solve this simple equation (help pls) ErGingerbreadMandude 46 7671 December 7, 2017 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Are you into mathematics? Do you have any cake? ErGingerbreadMandude 71 8771 February 9, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Why Do You Like Math? Kernel Sohcahtoa 33 5877 February 5, 2017 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: bennyboy