Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handwriting vs. Typing
RE: Handwriting vs. Typing
(September 21, 2016 at 12:36 am)Yeauxleaux Wrote: Left-handed people problems;

[Image: Left%20hand.jpg]

I much prefer typing for this reason.

My handwriting is reasonably neat for a lefty, but I find my hand aches anyway after a long session of writing. Don't get that with typing.

Fuck yeah lefties unite!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
While I agree, Rayaan, speaking on behalf of people who have to read what I write let's just say that my penmanship resembles a chicken stepping in ink and running across a sheet of paper.  I try as often as I can not to inflict that on any innocent person.
I print, I do not write in cursive and haven't in decades. But I like writing by hand. I write my books, lyrics, and poetry by hand -- lyrics into a spiral note book, poetry into a composition notebook set aside for it, and each book gets its own composition notebook(s). I prefer this because it's convenient anywhere, and in the case of book-chapters, I must then enter them into the word-cruncher, which imposes a layer of editing.

I like writing letters, too. My most recent ex- got handwritten letters ranging from six to twenty pages, both sides (long-distance relationship), all but one in our happy time. My last letter to her was January of this year, a letter of apology and remorse.

I love how personal that form of communication is, but alas, she never bothered to write back, despite her promises to do so ... it just wasn't in her.

(September 21, 2016 at 12:49 am)SteelCurtain Wrote:

My handwriting is reasonably neat for a lefty, but I find my hand aches anyway after a long session of writing. Don't get that with typing.

Fuck yeah lefties unite!

Right-handed and proud. Tongue
(September 21, 2016 at 12:41 am)Yeauxleaux Wrote:
(September 21, 2016 at 12:38 am)Gemini Wrote: Here's a sample of my handwriting. The script is mine, though it's pretty derivative of tengwar.

You invented your own script, for secrecy? That's really cool tbh

I feel like I'd come up with a really wacky alien-y one if I tried haha

It comes in handy for D&D too Big Grin
A Gemma is forever.
Surely it's just people who do a a lot of creative writing are people who tend to often handwrite and that is why handwriting correlates with creative thinking skills?

I mean, basically, if I started writing with a pen I'm not going to suddenly magically become more creative.

I see no benefits to handwriting... besides personal letters and notes. They're nice in handwriting.

Unless your write in Arabic or Hebrew. Then it's right hand problems.

(September 21, 2016 at 12:49 am)SteelCurtain Wrote:

Fuck yeah lefties unite!
Yeah!!!

Always the blue hands... sigh
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I guess we're all smart enough to not become those people that hated blue hands so much they developed the left hand writing claw.

[Image: FP%2B101%2BLefties-%2Bover%2Bwriter.jpg]
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Damn lefties. Tongue